Claw Daddy’s Great American Picnic in Subic in morning and at night


P8020790
I found myself riding the van with a couple of bloggers and we headed to Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority and our agenda is to visit the new branch of Claw Daddy located there. I remember that my last visit in Subic was around college, when I stayed for an overnight with an indie film director friend and our plan is to pitch this film festival for SBMA. My earliest visit is around high school when imported goods and groceries are in its cheapest price and people from Manila visits SBMA and went into its panic buying state and hoarding those chocolates and even appliances, its much more cheaper here than buying it from regular shopping stores, but there’s always a rule you should follow and an agreement with the fine print. The SBMA is formerly a US Naval Base and operated by Americans in the past, all road signs and traffic are much more strict and different, many drivers who aren’t familiar with the rules are mostly victimized by the SBMA patrol who are waiting in the other side of the street, but I’m glad that they are very friendly and much organized than the traffic enforcers and MMDA that we have here in Manila.

SBMA is not a paradise, but it’s an outdoor and sea adventure venue for thrill seekers and for the foodie like me, I consider it as one of the finest dining destination in Zambales. Shopping malls and restaurants are popping like mushrooms, the old resto and shopping stores are gone but they are replaced with new restaurants and the other empty lots in the past are now being vacated by shopping mall developers. I just can’t believe that there’s a giant SM Olongapo standing near the entrance of SBMA, this gave them a challenge that the shopping mall giant that can offer almost anything but not the outdoor and sea adventure and view of the seas, you still need to enter SBMA in order to see the scenery and awesome sunset. But going to SBMA is a great experience but the most convenient way to go there is to bring your own vehicle.

Claw Daddy opened their new branch in SBMA, and I discovered that this Claw Daddy branch is much more different from the Claw Daddy that we have here in Manila. According to Restaurateur Raymond Magdaluyo, managing partner for the Red Crab Group, that this version of Claw Daddy is based on the American style of breakfast in Baltimore, Maryland, a breakfast that offers cocktails and yummy breakfast meals and not only offering seafood from Claw Daddy. My impression to Claw Daddy is cute and nice, I like the interiors and the ambiance they gave to the diners. Its all American style! and adding to the feeling of eating a yummy seafood by the bay.


Claw Daddy in the morning
P8020792
A very detailed interior design of the wall, it felt like a that other resto from Manila with lots of displays and goodies for the eyes, almost all displays are very educational and have humor.

P8020796
In the morning, they served an American style breakfast, with large sausages, pancakes and lots of meat. It’s early in the morning and I declined drinking this hehehe.

P8020797
An orchestra group was invited to perform inside the resto and they played cool jazz music

P8020799
The bar is located in the middle of the resto, it really reminds me of another resto, but in their version the bar is very open and you can sit there or even dine.

P8020800
Claw Daddy resto is the best place to eat yummy crabs and seafood with out making a lot of mess, they provided a nice bib for the person and a bucket for your shells disposal after eating.


P8020801
The bucket!

P8020816
I raided the souvenir displays and I posed infront of my camera and took this shot for my own souvenir.


P8020818
Army veterans who live near and served the former base were invited to join in a brunch with their family and friends.

P8020823


P8020835
The big man of restaurants Raymond Magdaluyo shares to us some information about Claw Daddy in Subic.

P8020836
And for our grand meal time for lunch  is to wear this bib for adults, take a look at Myke Soon who  baby himself and being helped by a Claw Daddy waitress hahahaha

P8020837
I laughed when I saw our food, then I asked why our seafood is inside a hot steamy plastic bag, the waitress cut the plastic bag open and it oozes a steam with spice flavor, then I realized that this is our food. At first, I thought that the seafood will be boiled infront of us like a Shabu Shabu hot pot.

P8020841
My first time to see the Boiling Bags seafood, one of the major food offering here in Claw Daddy

Here are the price list of the Boiling Bag

Seafood Boil in  bag – P1,495
A seafood feasts of crabs, fresh water prawns, South Pacific clams, green mussels, Manila clams, Andouille sausage, potatoes and corn

All Shrimp boiling bag – P995
Baby shrimp and fresh water prawns, Andouille sausage, corn and potatoes

Shellfish boiling bag – P995
All kinds of clams, mussels plus the sausage, corn and potatoes

Maryland Crab boiling – P1495
Fresh water crabs, Andouille sausage, potatoes and corn

Louisiana crab and shrimp boiling bag – P1,495
Fresh water crabs, Andouille sausage, potatoes and form

The boiling bag flavors that you can choose are : Seafood boil spice, garlic butter, creole cajun, Claw Daddy spice. And you can also request for the degree of heat of the bags if its in MILD or SPICY.

P8020845
Here’s a prawn and me, our fate has been sealed

P8020847
Myke’s yummy facial expression plus the prawn, he did this for the photo op.

P8020848
My favorite here is the Andouille sausage, so spicy and meaty. (and also heavy)

P8020849
I saw the bright light after tasting their yummy baby back ribs… it’s the best ribs in town!

P8020850
Oh crap, there’s a copy of the price list of the boiling bags… nag type pa ko hahahaha

P8020855
Tres leche cake, our dessert after lunch time, looks sweet but its taste just right. One of my most recommended desserts here in Claw Daddy.

And after our lunch we went to a short journey during the day and visited Zoobic Safari, we were planning to go surfing but the weather decides to keep us out of the bay.

P8020857P8021023
Chinky and Krstyle.  And then the my favorite cat!! in my close encounter moment in Zoobic Safari. omg!! I know that this big cat can eat humans, but I really want one cub as a pet at home, so cute! I love cats!

Claw Daddy at night
P8021141

P8021135P8021139
The night came and we are back again in Claw Daddy, this time we need to experience their night life version. All of us are busy blogging and tweeting our adventure that day.

P8021138
I also ran out of juice and I’m glad that I have my battery pack with me

P8021151
And the fun starts……

P8021155
Bands and disco music warms up the night

P8021162
Ahahaha! we ate lots of baby back ribs during our dinner, it was the best!

P8021185
And now a photo op for the success of the Claw Daddy launch in Subic with resto owner Raymond and their marketing person Ms. XChosa

P8021191P8021194
Its great to hang out with friends

P8021197
Americans photo op time!!! cheese!!!!

P8021199
Our waitress for the entire day… thank you so much!


P8021200
Time to go back to Manila.

There are lots of stories, laugh and chikka that I brought it home with me, the weather is not cooperative but I’m glad that we arrived home safe and perfectly stuffed. Claw Daddy restos are booming and changing and this kind of version that I experienced here in SBMA is a must visit if you are visiting Zambales or Subic. Non-Americans can enjoy a different kind of setting, menu and food, but remember that their inspirations are very American so expect with the big serving and pricey mark, not that expensive, but the price that you pay for is just right for the size of the food or meal.

Visit Claw Daddy in Manila and in Subic. (also in SM Mall of Asia)
join their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clawdaddy-Crabhouse-American-Grill/70275729641