Sunny Day Sunday happy malling

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's malling time! and another adventure with my balikbayan mom and we spend the whole day inside the mall.
shoppin galore and food trips are all on the tops of our list. and it was a successful and happy day for us.
also the former DJ of Radio One, DJ MC aka Marc Cerbo joins us while we tour our mom inside the mall rat infested Megamall. (im a mall rat too heeh)

before that we ate our breakfast in Grappa's, Greenbelt, and it was my first time to dine in that Italian restaurant, Im fooling around on those menu, coz Its just not so descriptive for me coz I can't understand Italian food names ahhaha.. during our breakfast I saw this newspaper article

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Neil Gaiman article in Sunday Manila Times
click on the inside paper to view and read the article.

"I’ve been a rabid comics-collecting fan for the past 20 years (much to the detriment of my savings account), and as such, my knowledge of comics border almost on the pseudo-encyclopedic. Just by looking over a comic panel, I could name both the artist and the inker. By discussing a story line, I could tell who penned the story and what year it was written in. And I mark significant moments in my life, like graduation and break ups by what issue of the Justice League of America came out that month. I’ve been a rabid comics-collecting fan for the past 20 years (much to the detriment of my savings account), and as such, my knowledge of comics border almost on the pseudo-encyclopedic. Just by looking over a comic panel, I could name both the artist and the inker. By discussing a story line, I could tell who penned the story and what year it was written in. And I mark significant moments in my life, like graduation and break ups by what issue of the Justice League of America came out that month. "

The Dream King - article by RJ Ledesma

or zap and advance read here at the Manila Time website
they already posted the article click here

Its good to see that the article is about Neil Gaiman, about his work, his job, and some notes from the writers's forum. its nice to see that they pay homage to our talented pinoy artist. they also posted the website link of the Komikero Philippine Komiks Museum online.

thanks to the writer of the article.

and hm...those photographers in Gateway are from Manila Bulletin. its creepy to see them coz they took photos like a paparazzi, especially when Snooky Serna approaches Neil Gaiman, and after the conversation, the photographers are gone in a few sec. wow! and didnt even told us who they were and where will they put the photos.

and now back to my sunday mall adventures

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
during the malling tour, my sister in the states asked us to buy her boyfriend a shirt from Spoof's Lmtd. , so i went there to check out the stocks and my idea came out and told my mom to buy Lyndon's tshirt..Beerkada shirt. MY mom bought the Gargle shirt and she bought me my shirt -the best seller shirt- Goat Milk. shirt costs P350.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
during the hours I met Lyndon Gregorio inside Powerbooks in Megamall, I started a thread in his forum called "Lyndon Sightings", a thread that you post some events and date that you spotted Lyndon in the area. so here's my photo of his sighting..hehehe.like Sasquatch

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lyndon met Az's mom

then me and mom went to Powerbooks to meet Lyndon so that the Go-Beerkada book of my sister will be singed and autograph by the comic creator. we took photos, and Lyndon met my mom and then he signed, my mom was amaze and laugh out coz he likes Lyndon's art style,,very cartoony and funny. also here Marc joins us again .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and oh..I was with my Mom and Sis, both of them are fresh from Cebu, after their attended event Jerry Yan in Cebu.

then off we go to BENCH, my sis and mom hoarded the shirts and I was there hanging out and usin their free internet surfing. they put it there coz they are promoting the online orders of BENCH items,you can order it online, pay it by credit card and they can shipped it everwhere. Because of this free internet, I forgot to grab my own shirt. Its cool to be with my mom. coz she pays everything ahahaha..peace mom!youre the best!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
then we ate our dinner in Max restaurant, my mom is a big fan of Piolo Pascual, so everywhere when we saw photos or banners, even standee of Piolo Pascual, she wants to take photos with her with the banners ahaha.. also my mom hoarded some Piolo cd and videoke in Astrovision. Mark here joins us again doing lots of stunts and death defying chicken swallow. ehehehe

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is one of the characters of the ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER #1 Comics, its a Frank Miller and Jim Lee team up, a new mini series, giving spotlight to the Year one-style of Batman meets Robin for the 1st time. its a nice read and I like the art. I took photo of this girl in pink lingerie. coz it looks like my girlfriend Lace ahhahaha. coz she's crying over that pink bikini in BENCH, dont worry honey! we'll buy that one! ..soon!



Beware of the Half Blood Prince spoiler!

and congrats to Hogwarts Phil. and Fullybooked
yup! you read the title! I was spoiled while ago by my friend Gem, a girl I met during our ICA tour last year, she messaged me in a boom bastick post saying that she knows who the half prince is and its...SSHSHSHSHHHSHSTE#%#^ESSDSGSDGSDG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

drat! I almost choked her and we laugh after we got this conversation and reported it to Hogwarts Phil.Professor Meann Ortiz, also the Gaiman event web creator and one of the people hosted the book launching of Harry Potter book 6.

it was a successful launching! Maita Quesado also txted me and told many thanks and the success of the event! congratulations to all of you! everyone had fun!

also Meann quoted that the number of book buyers and event attendees are numbered total of 4000 ! whoa...where did these crowd came from! well for me.. If you have a good advertising and good services you can be successful like this event.
and check this out! they gave away free stuff like bookmarks and bags if you bought the book at the launching.

also I was txted by the Globe Gentxt, that they will give away free Harry Potter notebook to the 1st 300 Gentxter members in Glorietta at 10am. too bad that I can't be there coz I have to with Lace at their comic activity in Jollibee DLSU.

check out event website here - http://book6.pinoyharrypotter.org/
:extra:

Meann and Neil Gaiman
Happy Birthday to Meann Ortiz! oohooh..who have celebrated her birthday inside the bookstore hahahaha...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and check it out!
I was suppose to send her this during her bday. but i got late.
but anyway..I still posted it here ehhhe... happy bday Meann!

Post a Comment

0 Comments