The 6th Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2007
production note 4


Im busy for awhile and I haven't gave focus on the upcoming ToyCon 2007, but Im here once again plugging in the latest addition for the event.

I think the theme for this year's ToyCon is Transformers, as you see that the movie will be coming a few weeks after the event and this will be the main image of ToyCon for this year, but we are still eyeing on Harry Potter and Fantastic Four 2, as well as other movies but we have to reshape the event and give more focus on something that we want to be give importance by our nation.

hmmm..comics?? animation????

I guess comics and animation is one of our focus, after having a successful view on toy making and creation of sculpture figures, maybe this time we have to give focus on Filipinos in comics and animation creation. We dicussed last time about having an Inter-school animation competition, then I told my guys that we should include comics creation, coz there are no longer any other events that give attention to comics, except my conceptualized Komikon, but Komikon is no longer in my hands so thats why I need another event that will give more FOCUS and attention to this once again growing industry.

So I decided to make a research about having an Inter school comics and animation competition for ToyCon 2007, but now I got some positive feedbacks and I guess the Inter school will be a short highlight for it and give a chance the amateur, professional and non-professional, non student to join the competition, so that it will have a different category. which will result soon as a big award for the whole competition.

Im very serious about this, but Im not yet sure about the grand prize, maybe I can tap someone in the industry abroad to help us do this, maybe give a comic job shot for the winner or an animation project for the 1st place winner. My plan for Komikon the previous year is to have an international comic creation contest, or something like a nation wide contest for Comics, but I wasn't able to join again the Komikon 2006,so I decided to scrap it out of the idea and put this for ToyCon 2007.

So the comic contest for Toycon 2007 will go like a national competition for our local and also I might open for an international category so that some of our friends in the industry outside the country to join in as well, this might open a big market once again for comics.

For now Im not prioritzing the cosplay contest, coz Im going to handle that over with my head marshals of Arch-Guardians, we will have a solo meeting first to organize more the cosplay event for Toycon 2007, my initial plan is that to hold the cosplay for the 2nd day of ToyCon and have only some selected volunteers cosplayers for day 1 to exhibit only their costumes.

We are still finalizing our guest of honor, but Im sure the people of Art Asylum, Digger Mesch, Yuri Timg, Mike Tang will be back again for this year, they have done some good products that inline with TransFormers and Marvel's event Civil War. Also Im still figuring out about Whilce Portacio's return here, as he one of our main guest of honor, also Im still not sure who else will be there, But im not going to forget our local pros here.

I've invited Floro Dery, a comic illustrator and also known as the main guy behind the character designs for Unicro, Sharkticons, Galvatron and other elements for the classic animated movie Transformers, to have a one man exhibit here and Im glad that he is game and right now Im working now to arrange a meeting for his contact here in Manila.

Im still having a hard time looking for a way to get Don Figueroa, he is a pinoy comic artist who do TransFormers comics series in IDW Publishing, and I like to invite him also to have an exhibit here just to show that these are artists are all Pinoy!. I've got already his email address from a 3rd party, but I decided not to send him an email coz he might get shocked on how did I got his contact, So Im planning is to get IDW or tell my 3rd party to contact Don Figueroa for me, I heard that he's busy making the issue for TransFormers movie comics.

oh well..thats a long update to you all. we have a meeting tonight and Im going to present my makreting kit for ToyCon 2007. oh yeah!!! Till all are one!

Post a Comment

0 Comments