Cloverfield and other freaky monsters

The image “http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/cloverfield/cloverfield4.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

we watched the Cloverfield red carpet premiere last night in Cinema 1 of SM Megamall and at first I thought that everyone will be in Glorietta 4, so I take a great chance to line up late and get a great seating position in watching this movie. Me and Lace ate our dinner in Jollibee then proceed quickly to line up for the movie premiere.

you can click and read below my comments and experience about the movie - Cloverfield



Excitement
We are so excited to watch this movie and waited since last year the trailer went out and just followed some cloverfield investigators in the net getting clues and taking a short guess on what's the monster's figure and appearance. Many people speculated and lots of images and fan art came out just to show what will the monster look like. There's an early illustration that the monster is like a whale giant monster, then someone in Youtube posted a video commentary that the monster is Manhattan itself, wow! these concepts are really great! but the main Cloverfield monster is still a mystery and we don't know where it cam from.

The movie
I like to post more about the movie, but I just don't want to spoil everyone about the story.
my tips will be, just sit at the back, because the videography style might get you dizzy. But for me I didn't experience any dizziness because I'm so entertained on the story line and some comedy during the disaster scenes. Just focus on the movie in order not to get dizzy, don't roll your eyes just aim your attention on the people being documented.

My review
This is the best monster movie ever! Wow! Godzilla will be so sorry and will be beaten by this unnamed monster aka Cloverfield monster. There's a lot of scenes of the monster and don't worry, you will see it all, not only the monsters (with an "s") and also the military fighting it.
The blaire witch project style had evolved into something and maybe in the future style of cinema, everyone will have a movie focusing only the human perspective view. The Cloverfield drag a lot followers and now a cult following. I just saw this George Romero: Diary of the Dead trailer in youtube and it has the same videography style for the movie. For a monster fan, Cloverfield is the movie that will erased other monster films. ( I love Godzilla, and still will be in my heart)

the rant
it seems that many are disappointed in the film, I was laughing inside the cinema to hear a lot of pissed off people. Many of them aren't aware about the movie, and about the movie style. Some of them didn't saw the trailer. the people at my back and my seatmate on the right sucks! they rant during the movie. which is very distracting, my seatmate always use his cellphone, they began to get bored before the monster appeared and also many complained that they get dizzy.

ahhahaah! i just wished that they leave the cinema right away, because they are expecting some hollywoodish cinema style and then they get a videocam style movie for 2 hours. many people rant on the characters, which is like they don't know that they are in the cinema and people there get disturbed in their stupid actions. feels like that this movie is not fit for ordinary pinoys.

funny to hear them, but i didn't take it anymore and then made a big "shhhhhhhhh!" to them.
at the end of the movie, they still rant ahahaha, and me...laughing at them! hahahaha.
its like the time were the Lord of the rings: Fellowship of the ring movie came out on its first screening, many of them are pissed to see that the movie is to be continued hahahaha.


The monster
Can't post more about it, just watch it later. think of the animated cartoons "Inhumanoids"

Easter Eggs
I know there are lots of it in the movie. During the end credits of the movie, just wait til it is finished and wait for the voice after the credits. There is also a scene at the end of the movie, some says that there is an activity or movements in the ocean, too bad didn't saw it.

also I just noticed that there are a lot of toxic waste or biohazard labeled canisters or drums in the public alley of Manhattan, I think due to the spills of toxic waste, it attracted the monster to Manhattan.

Ultimate guess
hmmm, I think the monster is like a project save Earth animal hahahaa.
think of why it destroyed the ship near the statue of Liberty and the Chuai station.
hmm maybe the monster doesn't like toxic wastes.

Freebies
yeah! I got a theatrical poster of Cloverfield movie! wohohoho! i little stuff to add my movie poster collection.

the photos.

here we are in random order hahaaha





Post a Comment

2 Comments

Lian P. said…
I totally agree! sobrang ganda ng movie na'to, and I also agree na eto na ata ang best monster film na napanood ko in my entire life! haha! after ng movie nasa labas nako nanginginig pa tuhod ko, and I actually get the motion sickness! hahaha!
jack said…
The Shirlene Spa Resort is located on the scenic Herzliya Pituach beachfront and is a fusion of luxury, tranquility and intimacy.
hotel in HerzliyaFor more Information visit our site.