Friday coffee madness with Spot.ph members at Starbucks Rockwell drive



Spot.ph invited us members for a coffee appreciation and workshop at Starbucks Coffee in Rockwell drive, and me and Lace just arrived late and missed the intro and new coffee drinks that was prepared to all of us. The event is also a community meet up of Spot.ph members and glad that they included me in their list and here I am with Lace enjoying new cakes and coffee drinks at Starbucks.

The people of Starbucks just taught us on how to appreciate and drink a good coffee by just smelling it, also they introduced to us these new single origins that will be availalbe in all branches, just tasted coffee with beans of Sumatra, Colombia and Estima. And since Im a big coffee fan, I always never mind the taste of any kinds of coffee and I'm more on the drinking pleasure of it only, but I learned the importance of knowing the kinds of beans and how to brew it properly. I just read this hand out in how to prepare a good coffee using a coffee press, and glad that Lace's mom own a coffee press here at home, because I'm wondering that I should try grinding and brewing my own coffee and maybe I can have my own recipe. ( more below)



Starbucks introduced to us these cakes Creme Caramel Cheesecake, Honey Oat and Apple Loaf, and Chocolate Hazelnut Chantilly. These cakes were paired to a matching coffee and it taste more yummier than you expected. And I enjoy the taste of a cheesecake and Colombian coffee, take a sip of a coffee and eat a slice of cheesecake, you'll experience a heavenly taste after it. And coffee and cheesecake never fails me because I love it and best match for coffee. But over all, I like the Colombian coffee, it gives me the taste of a regular and bitter taste, which I need it for my taste buds. For the Sumatra coffee, its kinda tasteless for me, but others say that it is more tastier than other coffee origins, but at first I was thinking of "salabat" ahhaha, but I was wrong.

During the intro of coffees and cake, Zara of Rustans coffee corp. , who spearheaded the seminar with us, conducted 2 trivia game contest, and because that I'm very confused in answering their questions about guessing the coffee origin but determining its aroma, I failed to answer all of it and just copied Lace's answer ahhahaa.


It was a great night and we just survived a massive traffic jam on the way to Rockwell, but I'm glad that we have a great coffee night during the Friday madness. thanks to Spot.ph and Starbucks Coffee for inviting us. And oh..we took home also goodies.. and its really great to have my own Starbucks crystal mug at home, and the feeling of using it every morning with my coffee makes my morning really weird and my coffee tastes better hahahahaha.


http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/2/photos/707/500x500/50/P1300053.jpg?et=odQL%2Bjm6MZqaVvUbWRPYeQ&nmid=186414619

http://images.popazrael.multiply.com/image/3/photos/707/500x500/1/CIMG5239.jpg?et=8mDw6G1y1xoCEpCn7BxQOw&nmid=186414619
more photos at
my photo coverage - Spot.ph community members meet up and Starbucks Coffee appreciation and workshop @ Rockwell Drive

Michelle's coverage - My First Spotter Meeting: Starbucks
Rowena - Starbucks Coffee Seminar
Lace - Starbucks' Coffee Appreciation Night


here are some videos from the event


1st trivia contest activity


Coffee and cake review with Spot.ph members


another trivia contest game activity....