A day visit at Lopez Museum in Ortigas Center, Pasig City

PA019541
I've been hanging out in Megamall and Ortigas area, even work in ABS CBN years ago and exchange my pay check in BPI at the Benpress Bldg, then didn't know my girlfriend and her sisters stay there in the same building and didn't know that her mom issues the pay check to all employees. The big revelation came out after years I quit my job and then found out that Lopez Museum sits there for ages and I didn't even noticed it. I love going to museums and it sparked my interest during elementary days in UST where me and my classmates play as paleontologists and philatelist at an early age. Visiting museum in different kind is like going to churches, my passion for art, culture and science never stops even that I grow old. For this blog series I'm posting, its a feature all about Lopez Musuem.

I'm inviting everyone to check out their latest exhibit called "Double Take", the exhibit is still open and will end on October 10, 2009.

Double Take is an exhibition and feature of Lopez Musuem's collection of Hidalgo and Luna paintings, LVN films and stills, old world and Philippine maps, artifacts, Jose Rizal's letters and accessories,  and many more. Lopez Museum not only exhibit the classic and rich artworks of our national artists, but they also feature new and contemporary artist that contributes their artwork and style with the Double Take exhibit.

There are three sections of the exhibit
1.Double Take ( Hidalgo and Luna artworks and LVN films)
2.Coordinates (old maps )
3.Tutelage (text books from the American colonial and commonwealth period)

PA019475
It was a great experience being there for the first time, and we Filipinos should be visiting our national museums and other alternative spaces and venues that hosts and take cares of our own National Treasures. Lopez Museum is the nearest and most accessible museum located in the middle of the busy Ortigas Center. And I like to invite all students, researchers and art lovers to check it out. The exhibit will end this October 10 and will resume for a new exhibit on November. Check back also to my upcoming blog posts for features of the local comics, artworks and installation arts that is featured in their Double Take exhibit.

I like to post everything and all photos of the exhibits, but I will not spoil you for now, but invite you to check out the museum. It is easy to visit it, its across a street from Textite bldg.

visit the Lopez Memorial Museum


subscribe to the Lopez Museum blog


be a Facebook fan of Lopez Museum


The Lopez Memorial Museum is at the ground floor of Benpres Building, Exchange Road cor. Meralco Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1600

Tel. Nos. 635 9545
email : pezseum@skyinet.net or admin@lopez-museum.org

Entrance fee is P100 for non students
and P80 for students with school ID
and P60 for elementary students with school ID

The museum is open from Monday to Saturday (except public holidays)
from 8am to 5pm

-----
If you are planning to have a tour with your friends, group, family or school, you can also contact me here so that I can help you organizing a tour. I can direct you to the admins of Lopez Museum  and help you guide going there.

PA019491