Boracay 2010 day 2 - my 1st Yoga class

8 4
photo by Nykko Santos

We attended a yoga class on the day 2 of our Boracay stay and as part of the Philips : Wellness in Paradise event. Me and the invited media and bloggers experienced a a session with a yoga foreigner instructor. This is my first time to try yoga and because I'm so lazy to try this at home with my wife infront of a yoga video, but having a session with a yoga master is very different and I start to like yoga now. We did lots of twisting and I felt a good feeling and breathe using my nose only. I recovered after the one hour session and my yoga mates got lucky to try the Philips Infracare machine to remove all the muscle stress and it serve as a pain reliever.

more photos below

There are some parts that I can't bend properly and reach a part of my body, I decided to rest and stay down and watch everyone do that stretching and twisting, its funny, tiring, and involves a lot of determination, but in this class, I finally learned the purpose of yoga to me.

7
getting ready, stand straight, and breathe only through the nose

4
inhale.....exhale..

P4309747
yoga begins

P4309766
our yoga instructor helps us do the right thing. (on pic Adrian Carlo Velasco )

P4309767
stretching!!!

P4309768
Bianca Consunji stretches away.

P4309769
and with the Philips people

P4309774
ok more yoga lessons


Walter Ang thumbs up!

P4309783
yoga in paradise of Boracay

P4309787
I got a hard time doing this

P4309797
so I decided to stop and rest

P4309763
Owen stretching moment

P4309776
rest for awhile.