Samsung announced their new product line in their own press conference hours ago at the Samsung in 2010 IFA in Berlin, Germany, and I missed the press con in live stream and I was late for about an hour when they did the press con and I waited for their press release the entire day, but here it is and this is to introduce the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB (Model GT:P1000), this is the very first tablet by Samsung that is powered by Android OS 2.2.
Users can now experience a PC like web browsing and enjoy multimedia content in this light weight tablet with a 7 inch TFT LCD display screen. Also they can use the tablet in sending emails, voice and video calls, SMS and MMS, and also for social networking. It is also support Adobe Flash Player 10.1, and you will have a more smooth viewing of every web pages when you load it in the Samsung Galaxy Tab. (more below)
The Samsung Galaxy Tab has a "Readers Hub", an ebook reader app, and also a gateway to an ebook library with a vast collection from classic literature up to modern best sellers and other reading materials. The "Media Hub" is also a gateway for films and videos, while the "Music Hub" is for music and audio.
here are the specs:
- 3G HSPA
- 802.11n Wifi
- powered by Cortex A8 1.0GHz application processor
- can play HD video and other video format like Divx, Xvid, mpeg4, h.263 and etc
- 1.3 mega pixel front camera for face to face video conference
- 3 mega pixel rear camera for still photos and video capture with LED flash
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal memory
- RAM 512 MB
- 4,000mAh (7 hour movie play)
- size 190.09 x 120.45 x 11.98mm, 380g
Will be launched in Europe this September 2010
and soon in Korea, US and Asia after September.