16th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2011 (my experience and some tips) day 3

P2124799
Im here at the day 3 of the 16th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon 2011, I can say that my trip here is almost semi-fail. I missed the flight of the balloons and I encounter lots of delays like traffic and a long queue of line. I'm posting here some tips that can help you for your plan visiting the hot air balloon site for their last day tomorrow.

1. I suggest you leave tonight, because the bus in Victory Liner terminal, both Pasay and Cubao terminal, they ran out of bus and I didnt expected that all people will be at the terminal, all 4 bus that was supposed to be have a 40 min. departure each, just left all together and bus in Pasay got only the 5:10am departure. I got lucky that I rode a bus in Cubao, I successfully left Manila at around 4:30pm. The hassle is that you need to fall in line to buy tickets first.

2. Traffic in NLEX exit to San Fernando, Pampanga.

3. Traffic in Clark road

4. Jeepney terminal lacks lots of PUJ at around 5am and beyond. Big group of people are falling in line and everyone went chaos to ride a jeepney, it happen only if a jeep comes, so para saan pa yun pila di ba? buti sanay ako at taga maynila ako pagdating sa garapalan at unahan sa pag sakay.

5. Jeepney unloading zone is at the end of the Clark field, near the stop light, PUJ are not allowed to stop infront of the hot air balloon site. You need to walk all the way from the end going to the entrance

6. Long lines in buying tickets, I suggest you buy tickets at Ticketnet

7. Long lines in entering the venue

8. Lots of flying mosquitos in the grassy area,I suggest bring mosquito repellant lotion or do not wear shorts and also high heels, I saw lots of women there getting tired of walking over a grassy and muddy ground

9. Bring water and drinsk, softdrinks in can costs P45. and I bottled water will be expensive too.

10. Caltex Phil. gives free slurpee and coffee in their booth, just present your ticket

11. Free photo printing, just look for that photo booth at the other side of the hangar

12. Souvenir and food booths are everywhere

13. Bring umbrella or rain coat, I heard that on the end of day 1 and day 2, hot air balloon flights were cancelled and the site experienced an Ondoy like storm, and the areas got flooded.

14. Portalet CR are available. Long lines are expected

15. There's a free shuttle ride going to Marquee Mall and then vice versa

16. If you plan to go here tomorrow and leave Manila at 3am. I suggest you leave Manila at around 1am, if you plan to ride the bus, just visit the website of Victory Liner and other buses for bus schedules.

17. Bring money, everything inside are expensive. I bought a souvenir shirt - P300 only.

18. Eat in Max's Restaurant in Marquee Mall. sarap ng Kare Kare. There's free wifi here in Marquee Mall.

19. if you need more tips. just txt me or call me at 09275340309

20. whew! im going home now!!! 2012 hot air balloon will have my revenge!