Marriott Café Sunday Brunch (feature and review)

P2057280
Marriott Hotel Manila features every Sunday a one of a kind brunch meal for everyone, the Marriott Café Sunday Brunch will stop your weekend for a day and fill your tummy with lots of yummy foods and go home with lots of smiles, the Sunday Brunch is a lot more different from the regular buffet offered on weekdays and Saturdays, here they widened up the food menu and offered almost everything from cakes, to dimsums, to Asian food, to chocolate heaven to steaks and up to the most expensive line of food that you know and you can eat it only here in one payment and try it all for one Sunday, their Executive Chef Meik Brammer really knows how to make us smile because he selected and prepared all food for every Sunday and its a sure win that all of us will be happy, the big brunch of Marriott Cafe is every Sunday starting 11:30am to 3:00PM, you can call 988-9999, for inquiries and reservations. Buffet priced at Php 2,000.

At first I'm very clueless at first on what kind of food they will offer this time, been to lots of buffet food tasting in Marriott Hotel Manila and I already expected the good quality of food that they will serve for us, but this Brunch mania on a Sunday just surprised me, because they opened up a room with lots of chocolates, all are made up of chocolates - the bar table, the flowers, the painting and even a human chocolate statue , she's one of the cafe's chef disguising as a chocolate man, that's one of the best attraction ever and at first I thought that the choco statue is a static display and I just caught her breathing and I shouted "OMG!!! She's alive!! and human!" Everyone go crazy when we saw that chef chocolate statue. Moving on to our feature, is that they opened up the Cru Steakhouse, I've been briefed about the Cru Steakhouse and I didn't know that it sits behind the Marriott Cafe and there they offered unlimited steaks and Foie Gras, ohh my gard!! that's the biggest Foie Gras being served to us and this is one expensive food for me, its a heavenly yummy duck fat liver and I love it cooked in grill and top with some gravy. I introduced that to my blogger friends who sat with us on the table and they got heavenly punched after tasting it. One of the chef of Marriott Cafe gave us a tip that we should try first the food that is not served normally in other restaurants, so I followed the advice and headed to Cru Steakhouse first, because I heard the steak and Foie Gras is the most in demand food every Brunch time.

Here are the highlights of the Marriott Cafe Sunday Brunch

Breakfast area
Seafood bar
Cru Steakhouse
Chocolate room
Steak bar
Thai food
Chinese food
Singapore food
Pinoy food
Japanese food
Yakitori and grill station
Antonio's pasta bar
Martini bar
Ice cream bar
Fruit bar
Cold juice bar

you can read my previous blog post about the buffet http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-lunch-at-marriott-cafe-for-buffet.html

For my review, I will put a 5 stars over 5 stars for the Marriott Cafe Sunday Brunch, even if it is priced at Php 2,000 per person, most expensive buffet price in Manila, you will experience a total buffet meal of a hotel in its full blast, if you love steaks and Asian food, then this place is for you, but if you love desserts like cakes, ice creams and fruits, and still this is a buffet place for you. We ate here with my family months ago and we saw that my mom in law and auntie enjoy the wide selection at the buffet, even that they eat not too much here at home or in other resto, I observed that new comers really try out all food on the buffet, for my case, I learned eating the right way when it comes to buffet, and I learned it only here in Marriott Cafe, Although that I ate in small serving, I make sure that I tasted all of it and go back to my most favorite food ever - the lechon!!!.

I advise that if you will try the Sunday Brunch, you have to call and get a reservation, people come in at an early time at around 11am and we saw that many people are waiting for the cafe to open the gate. Grab a nice seat and table near the buffet, so that you won't get tired standing up and run to the buffet table, just relax and have the cafe attendant help you, just call them and you can inquire and request for anything.

Here are the food that you should try here at the Marriott Cafe Sunday Brunch


P2057282
entering the chocolate room, everything inside the room are made of chocolates (except for the fruits, the carpet, the chandelier and the table)

P2057290
the chocolate chef - live human chocolate statue, the chef was covered by chocolate and she stand still for almost an hour to greet us and also surprise all guests

P2057298
chocolate fountain of yummyness

P2057303
different kinds of cakes are displayed here, just ask the cafe attendant here to help you cut a slice for you

P2057304
yummy ganache cake

P2057308
heart theme chocolate cafe with white chocolate cover

P2057307
more yummy cakes

P2057310
this plant is made of chocolate,its on of the chocolate art sculptures prepared by the chefs of Marriott Cafe, and you can eat it

P2057314
more displayed chocolate plants, my wife and a blogger friend enjoyed picking up the choco fruits and flowers from this chocolate tree.

P2057315
choco balls on a chocolate palayok

P2057317
close up look of the chocolate tree

P2057325
THIS IS A CHOCOLATE PAINTING!!! so hard core!!!!! I don't want to eat this hahahaha

P2057332
Antonio's bar - all kinds of pasta are in here, you can request a kind of pasta and then choose your kind of sauce,they will prepare it for you right away.

P2057333
the Martini bar room, ohhh its 11am and we were invited to drink, but Its a good drink after eating so make sure not to make yourself drunk after 3pm

P2057337
cherries, olives and oranges at the Martini bar

P2057335
choose your vodka

P2057338
Foie Gras!!!!!!! ang laki di ba?!

P2057343
chefs prepares my Foie Gras steak

P2057345
need to flame it up

P2057346
yummy!!!! so sad that I can eat ne Foie Gras, hehehehe this duck fat liver is pure cholesterol

P2057351
lamb leg steak at the buffet area

P2057352
US Rib Eye

P2057359
Here's my salad plate... so weird I'm featuring my plate here in my blog,been so busy eating and I didn't got a nice photos of food

P2057361
My wife prepared this plate for us - Foie Gras, steak and some fish

P2057363
my meat madness plate - lechon, roasted pig, prawns, jellyfish, peking duck, and century egg

P2057365
my all time favorite - Laksa noodle soup

P2057370
dessert plate from the choco, cake and fruit area

P2057371
Mimes are present for some entertainment.....he will annoy you and make fun of you, so be a better sport ha

P2057375
pasta

P2057379
the yummiest Kalderetang Kambing is here in Marriott Cafe - a must try food.


P2057394
Lace and Azrael certified food monsters since 2004 here in my blog

P2057403
the super chefs of Marriott Cafe

P2057405Link
the foodies!!!

For more details and information about Marriott Cafe and their Sunday Brunch, visit their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=362349717110850&set=a.152238498121974.29315.148610291818128&type=1