PC game Wolfenstein 3D rebirth as browser based game for its 20th anniversary


wolfenstein3d-thumb-550xauto-91192
Wolfenstein 3D pc game is now free to play in the browser based version by Bethesda Softwares. They released the browser based version to celebrate the first person shooting game's 20th anniversary.

Everyone can play the game for free, just visit http://wolfenstein.bethsoft.com/

The game will work on Google Chrome 16, IE 9, Firefox 11 and Safari 5. The new feature of the Wolfestein 3D browser based game is that users can choose keyboard or mouse to control the movements, all I can remember in the old game in the 90's is that we use keypads in controlling our character for the game.

according to PCmag.com

"Bethesda, which bought iD Software in 2009, released the game in time for Wolfenstein 3D's 20th anniversary. The game is a remake of the classic Apple II game, Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Although it wasn't the first 3D shooter - Hovertank and Catacomb 3D came before it - it was the first to provide a "3D" view of the world, with 2D sprites that were mapped from eight perspectives, to produce the illusion of a 3D object. The game ran in just 320-by-200 with 256-color VGA graphics."

4fade498f92ea15d5c000004
playing it again after 20 years

4fade482f92ea15eac000003
my score

I remember that I tried another version of Wolfenstein, but I can't figure it out if its a sequel. I played this game first before I encounter the game DOOM. I used a monochrome monitor during the 90's and play this overnight. When I upgraded to a colored monitor and PC with fast processor, I got dizzy and felt sick after playing some minutes, the 3D effects killed my vision for a short time and after that I didn't play Wolfenstein again.  Wolfenstein became available in Sega, I tried it but  didn't paid to much attention, because I got busy working on some Altered Beast and Golden Axe games.

It feels great that classic games are having their own rebirth to these new generation and I wonder if new gamers of this generation will appreciate and beat Wolfenstein for this 2012. I played the game earlier, and got luck that I found my way out on the 1st level and found that elevator room.

So go ahead and play Wolfenstein 3D and let me know what you think if old games have a place to stay in this CGI years.