Adonit Jot capacitive touch stylus for your tablets


P7017149
Here’s an interesting companion for your tablet and touch screen devices, the Adonit Jot capacitive touch stylus is like a comeback from the past that went to the future to get a little upgrade for our touch screen gadgets. I didn’t expected that stylus will be back in this generation and the first stylus that I encounter is that when touch screen devices are in monochrome and then for colored phones only. But this time, the Adonit Jot capacitive touch stylus is usable to any touch screen devices and I’ve tested it and I’m happy with the turn out. This aluminum bodied stylus with a ballpoint with precision disc base will work for you if you have dirty fingers after being busy munching some Jack n Jill chips or V-Cuts junk foods. This item just won the IF Design Award 2012.

When I heard about this brand, I told to myself (yes I talk to myself sometimes) if ever I need this because I love using our smartphones and tablets using our fingers, then after that I received this review unit, my mind changed and now I’m scouting for more Adonit Jot brands for my other touch screen devices. For their line up they have the classic (that’s the one we have here), mini and the pro. The mini is a short version of a Jot, it has a clip and its easy to keep in your pocket, while the Pro has a grip in the middle and it has a thin precision disc, I think this is a good Jot if you want your handwriting on the screen.

Adonit Jot capacitive touch stylus is available in Turquoise, Green, Purple and Red.
the SRP of this item is P950.
The mini is priced at P1,050
The Pro is priced at P1,350 (in color Gun Metal, Silver, Blue and Red)

available in:
Beyond the Box
Digital Hub
Digital Hub - Limketkai Center
E-Central - Cebu
iBook - SM Clark
iCenter - Cebu
iCenter - Iloilo
Podworx
Podwrox - SM Calamba
Power Mac Center
Power Mac Center - Abreeza Mall
Technoholics
The Inbox Store - SM Clark



So here’s the Adonit Jot Classic in photos:

P7017150
The Adonit Jot looks like an ordinary sign pen, it is slim like a pen, there's a cap like a pen, there's a ball point like a pen, but the different is that there's a precision disc on the ball point that helps you use it to touch the screen and navigate your way in your tablets or smartphones.


P7017151
The Jot label

P7017153
The precision disc, if you see closely, its like those suction cup for your plush toys

P7017154
The back label introduces its one of the feature of the Adonit Jot, in any drawing or writing angle will give you normal results of like using your touch screen with a finger.

P7017155
Here's more of the explanation on how it work

P7017156
They mentioned these smart phone brands but I noticed that not all of the brands are included, I'm sure all touch screen devices will work well with Adonit Jot

P7017158
Here's how you hold it... like a regular pen

P7017159
The Jot Classic


P7017161
You see a screw like feature on the edge of the Jot, that's the screw for your cap, so that it will not fall or lose it

P7017162
So I covered the precision disc using the cap

P7017163
opening it and prepare to use it

P7017165
The ball point and the precision disc


P7017168
A closer look of the precision disc

P7017170
How to use it, here's a demo using it with our Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

P7017171
It works like a normal finger touching the screen and when I started to navigate my screen, it just work like a normal pen and a finger

P7017172
One of the styles of using the Jot, it can work in 45 degree angle, just make sure that the precision disc touches the screen and hold it like your using a pen.


P7017173
Here's a sample drawing of curvy lines using the Adonit Jot

P7017181
And I can draw with it. I just noticed that there are some delays of flow of lines when I draw, I think this will work only for navigating and not for drawing or painting or even for writing, because the tablet's screen and Jot are not like those drawing tablets we know. I'm not sure if the Jot Pro is a good brand for writing or drawing.

P7017187
And I used it also to my Samsung Galaxy S1 hahahaha, and it work, but its hard to use it because my screen is too small, but it will work in my end better if my hands and fingers are dirty.

P7017200
Oh yeah!!! it works in games too!!! I love it..  Here's a  1942 war plane simulation in our tablet.

Review:
Normally, people love to use their touch screen devices with their fingers, but sometimes we felt that our fingers get burned for over using it with our gadgets, the Adonit Jot is the answer if you have touch screen burns in your fingers or have a dirty fingers because you eat Peanut Butter with your hands. For me, the Adonit Jot is preferred because I work for too long in my devices, I don't want to have touch screen burns on my fingers because its very uncomfortable whenever I take a rest. Doing some illustrations for shapes, arrows and for your presentation, the Adonit Jot will do the job for you and impress your clients and say, hey! I have a stylus here that works with any touch screen devices. The only con for this item is that it never works well for precised hand writing and even drawing, I mean you can't write a better cursive letters or even paint a human face, but drawing a smiley and a word message or fan sign with I LOVE YOUs, the Adonit Jot can do the job right for you.