Master Chefs 2013 Barangay Cooking Challenge–call for entries

P9048605
Filipino cooking style is very diverse that’s why I love our pinoy food, its hard to let it go and even our family and friends abroad still miss our pinoy food and cooking. There’s lots of origin of the cooking style of each food we have, like for example the adobo, kare kare, sinigang and pochero, we don’t have only one version of this pinoy food, but bec. our country is so rich with flavorings and people got lots of skills in cooking, the food I mentioned will play around to have 5-10 kinds of cooking style. That’s what SM Hypermarket and Master Brands of products are doing now, they are looking for the best of the best pinoy home cooking of our favorite Filipino cuisine. I agree from a comment that the best cooking is found at home and not in restaurants.


The search for the great Filipino cooking will start here at the 7th year celebration of the Master Chefs organized by SM Hypermarket and Master Brands - the new cooking competition is called -- Master Chefs 2013 Barangay Cooking Challenge.

Cooking competitions will be held in all 37 SM Hypermarkets nationwide and they invite the people from different towns and barangays to join the cooking contest to search for the Barangay Cooking Idol.
They are looking for -- a multi-talented cook that can bring their best recipe and also do some of their talent like singing, dancing and etc. I think this far from being a the best cook in town, but also showing off your other skills outside the kitchen.

Participants will be invited to submit their very own versions of adobo, sinigang, pochero, kare kare, chopseuy, sisig, caldereta, menudo and pinakbet at the designated SM Hypermarket branch, but they must use the Master Brands product for their cooking and they need to present their proof of purchase from SM Hypermarket before joining the contest.

here are the list of Master Brands - Nestle All-Purpose Cream, Maggi Magic Sarap and Maggi Savor, CDO Funtastyk, Idol Cheesedog, Bibbo Hotdog, and Ulamburger, Bounty Fresh Gourmet Chicken and Nuggets, Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdogs, Stuffed Nuggets and Chicken Drummets, and Unilever Knorr Soups and ready mixes.

(Photo above: Chef Hasset Go - Master Chefs 2013 ambassador )

tstand 4x8ft
Here’s the poster of the contest and the schedules of elimination and finals.

If ever my schedule is flexible, I can visit the nearest SM Hypermarket branch and I will cover the cooking competition, I'm going to try my best to capture 1-2 cooking contest, I love pinoy food and I'm so curious about the different style of taste and cooking.. and if ever I love one or two chefs, I might get them to cook my favorite dish... I just want to do a commission of cooking from them, If ever lang na may masarap talaga. I will do this talaga.

So my target will be:
Sept 16 - SM MOA
Sept 20 -Imus
Sept 23 - Sucat
Sept 25 - Marketmall
sept 30 - Molino

Oct 15 - MOA
Oct 22 - Imus
Nov 5 - Marketmall
Nov 12 - Molino

Btw, I was informed that the contest will start in the afternoon, if you want more info and details, I suggest you visit the nearest SM Hypermarket branch

or try email me at azrael@gmail.com and I will forward your inquiry to their marketing department.
prizes of this contest are:
1st place - Php 10k + plaque
2nd place - Php 5k + certificate
3rd Place - Php 3k + Certificate


Yesterday at the launching event, I arrived late and missed the two chefs who did a demo for the audience, Chef Paolo Sia rep. for Unilever and Chef Kris Alcedo rep. for San Miguel Pure Foods were there and I just missed it, but I’m glad that I got to catch Chef Hasset Go’s cooking demo and I got a new tip from him on how to cook a glazed chicken meat.

below are my photo coverage from the launch event

P9048558
in SM Hypermarket in Cubao

P9048559
Banners and posters are everywhere

P9048560 P9048561P9048562 P9048564
Some of the Master Brands products
I’m curious to that Torikatsu product.


P9048565P9048567
People from different barangays in Cubao were there at the event launch and here they participate on some Chicken dancing game.


P9048574
Chef Hasset Go introduces his own version of a Pancake with glazed chicken and veggies.
According to him, it’s a fusion of some kind of Vietnamese cooking


P9048588 P9048594
Media and bloggers were there also covering the event


P9048612
here’s the final product -- Caramelized Chicken Thigh Fillets with Stir fried Vegetable Hotdogs Rice Pancake by Chef Hasset Go
P9048608
Firecracker Beef
By: Chef Paulo Sia

P9048610
Chicken Nuggets Chezee and Barbecue Rumaki
By: Chef Kris Alcedo

For recipes of these dishes, check next post for the individual recipes