The start of our holiday tripcation in Tagaytay part 1

PC211129
December 21, 2013 is the start of our holiday vacation and trip, me and my family decided to stay in Tagaytay City for 4 days and we plan to go back home on December 24th because we want to celebrate Christmas eve with the rest of the family, and also to give time for myself to buy their Christmas present in a nearby mall hahahaa.

I’m not totally prepared for the trip and vacation, because I have some left over backlogs and I need to finish it before December 23rd, but then as soon as the clock ticks to 7am, I scrambled out of my chair and started to pack my stuff in one back pack. And I forgot that it was a 4 day stay in Tagaytay and not an overnight, so I removed my stuff out of my bag and grabbed another bag just to load up my gadgets and electronic things in another bag.

[ I used the word TRIPCATION for this blog series , tripcation means = trip + vacation, going out of a trip for you vacation and being far away from home]

I can say that I’m ready after I saw my two bags full of clothes for 4 days and another bag with lots of gadgets and two tripods. I carried everything because I need to do find some ways on how to be productive whenever I’m on vacation, the last time I was in Tagaytay was few weeks ago and during that overnight stay, I found the right vibe in doing some time lapse photography and video. It’s a trial and error thing and after the two test shot, I fully understand the difference of a time lapse in photos and in full video capture.

Our 1 of 4 days stay here in Tagaytay City is a challenge, Our mission is to commute around the city and not use our car in going to different food hubs and parks. So I armed myself with some unlimited mobile internet, Foursquare, Apple Maps, and Google.

I started my search on day 1 and found some the most common place to visit, I decided to start from there because we are not yet familiar with the area, by riding a public jeepney, I will understand the loop of travel going to the point of our destination. It will be like our Hong Kong trip, and this time, no more stroller for my 3 year old son.

IMG_3150
Here’s my morning view at 8am, our time going from Cavite to Tagaytay City.


IMG_3159
And my 2nd morning view… me riding in a back trailer of a mini truck hahahah
we borrowed this mini truck just to transport some items in a house along the way.
I’m glad that I wore my jacket and bonnet that morning, it was soooooo cold at 8am here in Cavite.

After some hours of rest in Tagaytay…we started our adventure right away.

mission --- go to Paradizoo in Mendez, Cavite.


PC211131
That’s me riding the front seat of a jeepney, our first trip is to visit Paradizoo in Mendez, Cavite – a petting zoo and farm. At the back of my reflection is my wife and my son.


PC211134
We rode the Mendez bound jeep from Olivarez terminal, the jeepney driver told us that he can drop us to a tricycle terminal going to Paradizoo.

I took photos while the jeep travels on the highway. I need to take pics just to add some familiarization

here I spotted the Malago Hotel and restaurant
PC211135
Hall of Justice in Tagaytay
ahhahaha. it reminds me of Super Friends

PC211136
I just saw the Mahogany Market in Tagaytay
I’m going to check this out soon


PC211137
Inter Asia Bank – a thrift bank

PC211138
I spotted a nice condo unit rising -- Wellington Courtyard

PC211139
On the highway going to Mendez

PC211142
I spotted the Mer-bens bulalo restaurant


PC211143
Dorie’s bulalo


PC211144
we just landed in an accident prone area

PC211145
the jeepney driver.


PC211146
Balinsasayaw restaurant
ohhhhh…I tried this resto already back in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
the food is a winner here!

PC211147
We just reached Mendez crossing
an intersection connecting Tagaytay-Nasugbu road and Tagaytay-Mendez road

PC211148
uy Andoks!!!

PC211149
There’s Mendez crossing.


PC211150
Spotted: Rowena’s buko tart store here in Mendez crossing

PC211151
I’m no longer familiar with this road…. we are entering Patutong Malaki South

PC211152
I smiled when I saw this Saulog bus transit. I rode this bus in Manila whenever I go back home to Cavite.

PC211153
the sign says – we are now leaving Tagaytay City
I think we are in Mendez already.


PC211154
I used my iPhone4s and its Apple Maps just to monitor my location and our point of destination, with this map, I will have no worries in getting lost.

IMG_3170
Here in Paradizoo…. I let my son Ashton use my Olympus E-PL1 camera

IMG_3173
Its funny that he acts like a PRO hahahaha. viewing the LCD monitor in a funny way.

IMG_3175
He started to take some pics of the mountain and also the flying butterfly

IMG_3176
“daddy!! there’s the mountain ohhh!”

IMG_3185
After the Paradizzo trip, we took a rest in Robinsons Summit Ridge mall and there we bought some food for our dinner.

IMG_3189
Back at the place where we stayed for 4 days…. its “work away from home” time for us!!
here I helped my wife Lace in editing her video presentation that was recorded live by me during their #1internetday and DigitalFilipino.com 10th anniversary, the event was organized by Janette Toral.

That’s our day 1…whew!!
watch out for my 2nd post for our story and trip to Paradizoo.