Here’s a new burger joint in town! Teddy’s Bigger Burgers is an import burger resto from Hawaii, the local branch here in Manila is the 2nd international branch outside Hawaii. The new branch is located at the 3rd floor of Greenbelt 3 and it is owned and operated by SumoBurger Global Inc., a food and resto company owned by celeb Marvin Agustin, and restaurateurs Raymund Magdaluyo and Ricky Laudico. Teddy’s Bigger Burger Manila is the first international franchise by SumoBurger Global Inc,.
We also learned that the founders are based in Hawaii and it all started from backyard grilled party before it was Teddy’s Bigger Burger, the two founders - Ted Tsakiris and Richard Stula, said that “What we think makes customers come back for more is the quality we put into every burger. If you have a good quality patty, you don’t really need expensive extras such as foie gras or truffle oil on your burger. We want to keep things simple. Filipinos usually equate burgers with happiness. Eating a burger is a religious experience for me. And nine times out of 10 when I’m eating a burger, I just start shaking my head, my eyes closed, and say 'Wow! This is amazing!”
They also mentioned that their burger version are more into the adventurous side and much more different from other burger brands, because here in Teddy’s you can customize your own burger and make your own version by adding your preferred toppings like bacons, blue cheese, teriyaki sauce and some chilis.
Here are some info about the products of Teddy’s
- Teddy’s is built from the burger, borne out of a passion for burgers
- Teddy’s Bigger Burgers began in the backyard cookouts of Hawaii-based founders Ted Tsakiris and Rich Stula, both burger lovers
- Teddy’s Bigger Burgers Philippines Executive Chef Kirsten Habawel, who headed the Teddy’s PH team was sent to train in Hawaii to master the preparation of the burgers
- patty is made from 100% corn-fed U.S. Black Angus ground chuck, shipped regularly from the US from the same supplier of Teddy’s Hawaii,
- All patties are hand-pattied daily, with the special seasoning of Ted and Rich, and always charbroiled to order
- Ground chuck is taken from the shoulder and neck portion of the cow, with prevalent meaty flavour and enough fat to ensure the beef does not dry out even when cooked on high temperature
- They use formula of 80% lean meat and 20% fat. This is ideal for burgers because it does not need extenders but retains its shape. Most of all, it makes for a juicy patty
- The patties have zero preservatives and are not injected with flavors.
- Burger sizes starts with 5 oz. of patty, 7 oz and then 9 0z and the monster double patty is up to 10, 14 or 18 oz.
- Teddy’s Original Burgers are topped with a signature ‘Special Sauce,’ the burger joint’s own sweet and tangy creation
- They use Potato bun and not the ordinary burger bun, the potato buns are soft and delicate in texture, that brings a good savory smoky flavor of the burger
- One of the best seller are their milkshakes that are 90% ice cream and 10% milk
- Alocholic drinks and cocktails will be available in the few months (they are still waiting for the permit)
I’m a burger fan, lover, machine and destroyer, during my youngling years I searched for the biggest burger and yummiest kind.I tried many burgers and now I have a chance to taste and try the burgers at Teddy’s Biggest Burger.
I’m super curious because I’m not familiar with the flavors of Hawaii and I want to absorb this to my body and see if it is really the best burger for me.
Take note: that this burger joint will open tomorrow Aug 23 at 7am, and they will award the 1st person in line with a one year supply of burgers and then 100 people first in line will get free burgers!
more details here at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/2014/08/teddys-bigger-burgers-best-burger-in.html
here’s what inside the burger store
Our foodie bloggers are already inside and here’s what they Instagraming hahaha
While we are waiting for the go signal at the counter, the Teddy’s Bigger Burger team prepared this chicken wings as our appetizers. It’s a bit sweet and soury, I think there’s pineapple on it because its Aloha here in Teddy’s, I also like the blue cheese sauce dip.
Here’s my Strawberry milkshake .
me and Ethel shared this and we approved that its good and the strawberry fruit are fresh.They also suggested that we can combine peanut butter and strawberry in our milkshakes
Here’s my combo – Teddy’s original burger double patty, that's 10 oz. of burger patty!!!
added with blue cheese and some fries.
Total of this combo meal + milkshake is a whopping PHP 795
wow!! super expensive! but if you will order one single patty, that’s might be around around PHP 350+
Its good! the beefy patty is really 100% pure beef, its far more different from the burgers we have here in the Philippines. I want to try their teriyaki sauce next time, because my blue cheese sauce inside my burger is the dominant flavor and it kills the savory of the beef. Like what Kumagcow.com said, the grilled smokey aroma is not present, I think its their style that its not over cooked and I heard that our burger patties are cooked ---- “medium well” , which is the best cooking standard for beef meat.
It’s really worth to try something different. Its heavy and very satisfying.
A surf board showing the contents of the burger you are eating now
There’s a LCD tv monitor displaying some info about Teddy’s burgers
We also met the Hawaii team and the founder Ted at the soft launch last Thursday
It’s a fun and wacky team..and I’m sure that this will be the talk of the town. They are on soft opening, I will come back here after a month and see if the taste and cooking will improve better.
Ethel first to order the burger and some grubs
Earth Rullan and her combo fries
Alex and Rodel are so serious eating their meals
Instagram it Alwin !
Evidence of peace and love with the burgers – Earth
if there will be a burger eating contest…Kumagcow will win because he ate the 2 patty burger in just 3 minutes…you are a monster John! hahahaha
That’s me before the burger love making!! yiheee!
so that’s the teaser and I hope you can check out Teddy’s Bigger Burger in Greenbelt 3 starting Aug 23.
here are some of the file photos of their burger products.
enjoy the view!
About Teddy’s Bigger Burger
Teddy’s Bigger Burgers got its start in the backyard cookouts of owners Ted and Rich. The two loved good burgers but couldn’t understand why there weren’t any fast food restaurants that offered the quality of their home cooked burgers in a quick service environment.
So Ted and Rich set out to create a restaurant that served the best quality burger in an energetic fast paced environment. After studying the simple menus of the original 1950’s burger joints, Ted & Rich decided to ‘reinvent the burger joint’ with a 50’s theme and a simple menu of burgers, fries and shakes.
The next year was spent developing recipes and finding companies that could supply the quality of products Teddy’s would insist on.
That brings us to what sets Teddy’s apart. Teddy’s uses only 100% fresh chilled ground chuck (no fillers or binders). Burgers are hand pattied daily and always charbroiled to order. Super Sauce is Teddy’s own sweet and tangy creation, not the usual thousand island dressing. Teddy’s Teriyaki Sauce is a traditional recipe made from scratch. Our produce and buns are the highest quality and are delivered fresh daily.
The first Teddy’s Bigger Burgers was opened on the 15th of April 1998 at the foot of Diamond Head. Our competitive advantage lies in an extreme focus on quality and customer service. Because all of our menu items are prepared to order, we do take a little longer. Our goal is to make it worth the wait.
Follow and connect with Teddy’s Bigger Burger
via Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TeddysBurgersPH