If you have seen the movie already and you start to ask lots of question, maybe some self confessed know-it-all geek friend can help you, but what if you don’t have any of those hard core comic friends?? yeah its hard to understand, just last night, two people at my back are educating each other on who the hell is Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, its fun to hear their answers but its not the right time to hear it when I’m watching a movie.
I have my own questions too, so I immediately asked some of my geek buddies Jori and Earl and they gave me some good answers. Thanks guys.
So if you are searching for some answers, or maybe trivia, then read below as I become the self confessed KNOW-IT-ALL geek friend you have..
well…its just an attempt.. feel free to crucify me later if I’m wrong.
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron movie is the 2nd to the last phase 2 of the Marvel cinematic universe. The Phase 2 of the storyline continues in Iron Man 3, Thor:The Dark World, Captain America: Winter Solider, Guardians of the Galaxy and then Ultron. The final movie for Phase 3 is Antman, its obvious because the movie will come out this July 2015.
2. Modern Hydra – the villains in the first part of the movie, you saw that they are the same organization that Captain America is fighting since the Captain American movie 1 and 2. The modern Hydra is now operated by Baron von Strucker, one of the remaining operators of Hydra after it was operated by the Red Skull.
3. The Maximoff twins – Pietro and Wanda Maximoff (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) – in the movies that are the surviving volunteers for the superhuman enhancement experiment conducted by the modern Hydra, as Baron von Strucker said in the end credit scene of Captain America part 2, he said that today is the “age of miracles”. Normally in the comics universe, Pietro and Wanda are the kids of the mutant villain Magneto, they are mutants, but in the movie, their origin has been changed, but normally in comics, they are honorary members of the Avengers.
4. Pietro got a superhuman powers to run fast and move quick that hard to noticed by the human eye, that’s why he got the name Quicksilver, for Wanda, she uses the hex power or sorcery as her weapon and also for defense, in comics she can bend time, space and reality into one, one of the most powerful sorcery feat when she mentioned “no more mutants” in comics, expect a butterfly effect afterwards. Today, many are debating that Wanda might do the same for the movie that can end the mutant war in the X-men movie universe.
5. Romance between Natasha (Black Widow and Bruce Banner (Hulk) – its weird and I didn’t saw that coming, at first I thought that the romance is between Natasha and Hawkeye. I wonder what happened to Betty Ross, we last saw her during the Incredible Hulk movie starring Edward Norton. I’m not sure if Marvel did the right thing to end the love romance between the two and replaced it with some Avengers romance.
6. Hulk Buster Iron Man appearance – In the movie, you saw that Iron Man summoned an armor that flew from space and this connected to his body and formed the Hulk Buster Iron Man, an Iron man armor that can be used to beat the Hulk if ever he becomes savage Hulk, the scary persona of the Hulk, an angry and destructive and mindless Hulk. In the movies, Iron Man called it codename: VERONICA, I don’t know why they called it VERONICA, but I did some research and its an acronym that means something, just like J.A.R.V.I.S., According my research, project VERNONICA was developed by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, an emergency protocol just in case the Hulk went savage and uncontrollable.
In the movies, they didn’t really mention it as Hulk Buster, but we know that what they call it for the comics universe, and not VERONICA. According to Joss Whedon, the writer and director of the movie, they call it VERONICA, because Bruce Banner was in love with the girl Betty ( that’s Betty Ross) and now he replaced it with another girl named Veronica (get it??? Betty and Veronica of Archie comics )
7. Ultron – in comics, we know that Ultron was created by Hank Pym, aka the Ant Man, but here in the movie, Ultron was created by two brilliant science wiz kids – Tony Stark and Bruce Banner and the Artificial Intelligence power was wielded through Loki’s scepter that contains the “Mind gem” of Thanos’ Infinity Gauntlet.
8. In the movie verse, Hank Pym was not mentioned, but we know that there’s an Ant man movie coming and its not Hank Pym, I heard that the character name is Scott, played by actor Paul Rudd. Which in comics, is the successor of Hank Pym in wearing the Ant Man suit…but… maybe Hank might appear in the Ant Man movie, lets wait for it.
9. New A.I. partner of Tony Stark - after the upgrade of JARVIS as Vision, Tony made another version of AI partner, its now a female AI that do the automatic jobs for Tony whenever he dons the Iron Man suit. She did the same job as JARVIS. I just forgot her name.
Jori said that the new female AI of Tony is named "Friday"
10. Ultron in metal – I was expecting to see an upgrade of Ultron’s body, we saw that the last upgrade in the movie is that he became bigger and taller than all Avengers heroes, I thought that he can envelope himself with adamantium metal alloy just like in the comics, the same indestructible metal alloy used in Wolverine’s skeleton. In comics, Ultron is always defeated but comes back with a better upgrade and much more smarter. I think Ultron misses the adamantium info in the internet.
But for the separate universe of the X-men and Avengers in movies, I think Avengers just stuck to the details of the existence of Vibranium, a metal alloy that is also indestructible and vibrates to the force exert to its surface, just like the shield of Captain America that was made of Vibranium metal alloy.
Vibranium was sought by Ultron as he need it to make the Vision more powerful and better than him, because Ultron can’t evolve well, but he needs to make another robot in order to transfer himself to the new body.
11. Wakanda, Africa – We heard that Wakanda was mentioned, and this was mentioned over and over again by Bruce Banner. It’s a fictitious country in Africa were they smuggle vibranium alloy and smuggling is operated by Ulysses Klaw, played by Andy Serkis. Klaw is another villain in comics, and we saw that his hands were amputated by Ultron, which I guess will upgrade himself into a super villain that uses a sonic emitter device that he wears, not sure if he will appear in the Black Panther movie.
12. Black Panther – no hints yet for his appearance, but Wakanda is shown and that’s were the Black Panther lives and protects the country from invaders. Black Panther in comics is also a member of the Avengers.
13. Quicksilver – we saw that he was killed during the attack of Ultron riding the Avengers Quinjet, we are not so sure if he will come back to life, but we saw a possibility when we saw that Agent Coulson died in the 1st Avenger movie and then went back to life for the Agents of SHIELD tv series, he mentioned that was treated by molecular tissue reconstructure – a tech were they can repair the wounds and also develop new skin tissue or organs, we saw this technology applied to Hawkeye when he got wounded by Ultron’s laser blast, and this tech operated by a Dr. Helen Cho, a Korean geneticist (played by Korean actress Claudia Kim), Why Korean?? because we know that Koreans are so good when it comes to plastic surgery and facial enhancement, but the molecular tissue reconstruct tech, we are so sure that Quicksilver can be brought to life…maybe we see him in the Infinity Wars movie.
accdg to Jori, Agent Coulson brought back to life when he was injected by Kree blood
14. Avengers Disassemble – There are lots of hints that Tony Stark wants to create an army of Iron Man robots, or he calls it Iron Legion, its an automated AI that can help them whenever there’s another big threat to the world, and he talks about those legions of aliens who wants to invade the Earth, but now that they got the Vision, a powerful android that Ultron creates powered by the Mind gem and the hex sorcerer Scarlet Witch, He knows that He, and the rest of the Avengers wants to rest for awhile and go home for a change. Here we saw the disassemble of Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Hawkeye, as they go separate ways to find peace and maybe prepare for the big event. The new team that we call “ THE NEW AVENGERS are now composed of --- Captain America, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, the Vision and Scarlet Witch, in the future two more members will be added -- Ant Man and Black Panther.
This new Avengers is in preparation for the Phase 4 of the Marvel cinematic universe, will we see the other 4 members?? maybe yes..because their iconic characters are needed to defeat Thanos.
15. Thanos at the end credit scene --- Ok he lost his patience and we saw a 5 second scene of Thanos grabbing that Infinity Guantlet without the Infinity Gems, he got tired and he said that …”okay…I will do it on my own” – it means that he’s tired of waiting for the event to happen and he might come down to Earth to get the Mind Gem from Vision, and also get those other Gems kept in the other side of the Galaxy.
There’s a possibility that this will converge in Captain America: Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Thor: Ragnarok.
16. Stan Lee -- yeah, I forgot to mention that Stan Lee was spotted in the after party at Avengers tower. We saw Stan Lee took the challenge of Thor's liquor from Asgard, and the last scene we saw that Stan Lee got drunk and carried by some guys away from the party. hahaha. Nice to see Stan Lee again!
I’m not done yet..but I will add more later!