Flatiron 1771 Restaurant in Uptown Mall BGC - urban comfort food ‪#‎HotOffTheGriddle

DSC_0024

Flatiron 1771 is the first restaurant that I dined in here in Uptown Mall BGC. I didn’t noticed Flatiron 1771 when I first visited Uptown Mall BGC. Maybe because of that popular Chinese restaurant that sit infront of Flatiron that’s why I didn’t noticed it.

I was here at Flatiron during an arranged dinner by our friend Kathy, and then I later on discovered that his brother Kirk, is the head Chef of this restaurant. Its my 2nd time to try Chef Kirk’s menu and I can say is that Im surprised that I finally tried something new…a new flavor and a new food that I can over indulge for my next visit.

Yeah, I love the food here in Flatiron.

DSC_0032

Flatiron is also owned and operated by the peeps at Sentro 1771, I was expecting a much pinoy-mixed menu but then I was right for 30% of my speculation. Its more a modern cuisine that will surely loved by first time diners.

DSC_0031

Inside Flatiron

DSC_0030

I didn’t got the time to take a pic of their menu, but I will post it here as soon as I visit them again.

DSC_0016

The plate

13645163_10154423509494276_2532772121856232931_n

My birthday cake --- coffee cake
so Kathy surprised me this piece of birthday cake. I told her that I haven’t blew a birthday cake since July 1, because we forgot it at home, we ate the cake right away I arrived home and forgot for a birthday wish. Im glad that at Flatiron, they gave me a chance to wish for a world peace.

Thanks guys… this coffee cake is the best ever….so tasty…it melts in my mouth and I love coffee!
DSC_0011

Pizzaiola
A bowtie pasta, napolitaine sauce, bell pepper, salami and bacon covered with cheese and gratinated

Im a red pasta fan….this Pizzaoila surrendered to me
I love the taste and its tomatoey cheesy flavor.

DSC_0012

Golden Fish Fingers
Fresh fish fillet strips coated in batter and friend until crisp, added with French Fried

Its crispy and crunchy fish fillet. Im not a fan of the dip,but I ate it as it is.

DSC_0013

Salbacho Pizza
Thin crust pizza with salami, bacon, and chorizo, plum tomatoes, basil and parmesan

The pizza is good!! Im not sure if they cooked this on a stone oven, but the features looks like it came from a stone oven.

DSC_0014

Black Jack Mac
Flatiron's version of baked macaroni and cheese with sharp Black Jack Cheddar cheese, tyhme, chives and oregano


DSC_0020

Tostado Wings Adobo

This adobo chicken wings brought me back to the past. For my first bite, it reminds me of a classic way of a pinoy fried chicken. I felt a 7 year old kid after tasting this.

A must try and I recommend you order this as your appetizer

(btw, I cant remember if this is included in their menu…)

DSC_0024

Intense Brownie Burger
Espresso ice cream sandwiched by two Swiss fudge brownies topped by cream cheese sauce, cashew bits, toffee sauce and choco.

The star of dinner. This brownie burger is not really a burger. It followed the burger tradition but it uses a brownie chocolate and coffee ice cream inside instead of a burger beef patty.

Its good and I like this concept..I’ve seen this before in the internet (in foreign restos) but I didn’t expected that we will have the same concept here in Manila. Galing!!!

thumbs up to Chef Kirk for an awesome chef of our night!


13620259_525041044348122_8372410693053346528_n

Thanks for reading my blog about my dining experience at Flatiron. I will visit them soon and reblog another dining experience.




visit their FB page at https://www.facebook.com/Flatiron.PH/