a Girl's phone-camera vengeance

//* i got this email forward and I was laughing at it to see two male perverts got caught on a phone camera of a girl. The girl return a big payback and sent this photo and statement to show people what a really nasty deed these two guy (in their office attire) did to her inside the MRT.

camera phone scandals and voyeur are rapidly growing.
and i guess this incident might ring a bell to everyone.
just read below the story. *//

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This happened to my friend, MEI ORIAS--campaigner for Anti-Violence
Against Women. Those two guys is in for the biggest surprise of their
lives..hah!

I was on my way to work when this happened. The whole story is on my
friendster blog. I just culled this part to share with you guys. I hope
this won't happen to anyone else because it feels so wrong.

I attached pictures, read on to find out what pictures I'm talking about...

I got off at Makati to take the MRT to GMA-Kamuning, my everyday
routine. I usually wait for the first train cabby to be able to save
myself a seat. But today, the train was already boarding when I got in
the station so I had no choice but to rush to the nearest open cabby
door, which was located towards the middle of the train. Needless to
say, all seats were taken so I just accepted the fact that I may not be
able to grab a seat for the rest of the ride.

I was wearing a striped sleeveless shirt, it had a low neckline but I
still looked decent and was ok with it. Besides, there was no cleavage
to show off anyway, so I was comfortable with my outfit.

A friend sent me a text message asking where I was, so I was busy
texting back that I failed to notice two perverts standing beside me.
One of them was actually trying to take a sneak peak of what was under
my low neckline. He even took out his cell phone. I was rattled by the
clicking of his camera phone that I actually saw him CAPTURING my
breasts! People sitting in front of us saw what happened and were
stunned. He showed my picture to the guy he was with and was pleased of
his handy work, dismissing that I saw what he just did. I was giving him
a stern look and when he did look back at me, he gave me a smirk as if
telling me that I cannot do anything about it. I got so infuriated that
I called a friend up just to have an excuse of broadcasting what had
just transpired to everyone on board the train and to show the two
pricks that I wasn't just gonna stand there and do nothing.

I was telling the whole story over the phone loud enough for everyone to
hear. The passengers started talking amongst themselves, some clearly
showing disgust for the two asswipes while the others whispering that I
was actually looking for trouble for dressing up the way I do.

Of course, I didn't just stop at embarrassing them. I took 2 pictures of
the sleazebags too. When I got off my station, I talked to the station
manager there and filed a complaint. I was endorsed to the MRT central
station where I will be submitting the pictures I took. MRT management
promised that they will be posting an ad at all MRT stations, using the
photos of the two pervs, as a warning to all others who have made
capturing of breasts, legs and other what-have-you's of women
passengers, their MRT pastime.

I don't know if its Filipino culture or it's just that people don't get
that no girl would want to be sexually harassed period. It is never the
girl's fault if she is harassed and it doesn't mean that if a girl is
wearing a sexy outfit that she wants to be hollered at or that she is
showing off her body and anyone is invited to take pictures of any part
of her!


Love, rage, fire and flames,

Mei

Maria Edilyd P. Orias
Campaigns, Communication and Media Officer
Amnesty International Pilipinas

Tel. no. 63 2 927 9856
Telefax 63 2 927 6008

www.amnesty.org <>

Post a Comment

4 Comments

Arashi-KIshu said…
Hey az cathy delos santos here...pa-repost sa blog ko ha?
yo cathy!
sige go lang!!!!!

:)
happy reading sa mga taga manilatonight.com !!
Anonymous said…
She said the two were taking pictures of her.... but the picture shows they are sitting... which means that the MRT coach was not full in the first place. She further stated that this picture was taken in the morning. If you frequent the MRT, the train does not get loaded IN THE MORNING especially northbound passengers.

Common sense would tell us that if your personal space is invaded, you would immediately notice especially in a coach that is less than half filled. Furthermore, she even cited that there is camera sound clicking and she allowed how many shots to be taken of her cleavage? We all know how people react to a camera clicking sound... knowing that you are wearing a plunging neckline...and someone is mysteriously close to you despite the almost empty coach.

I am not defending the alleged maniacs who were taking the pics nor do i condone such actions... but perusing the details properly would tell us that there are ambiguous components of the letter and the picture. The details do not seem to match and make a logical sequence that would let people believe that the story is true.

At this point, the two alleged maniacs who were photographed are the victims because their rep*tation are smudged even before they are proven guilty. And by posting their photos on the internet and MRT stations, the alleged victim resorted to trial by publicity rather than routing the proper courts.
-from manila tonight.