sunny days
sweeping the clouds away
on my way to where the air is sweet
can you tell me how to get
how to get to sesame street



the power of the sun!!!


(inserts the music hallellujah)

it was a busy saturday for us and a massive flash typhoon came here in Cavite delaying our departure going to Megamall and Greenhills. It was like a tornado covering the entire area, it was scary when everything become dark, rains and wind came by short circuting every house in the village.


Lace and her friend Mariel enjoyed the photo paparazzi stunt I did for them, and see everything is sunny and cloudy after the flash typhoon.


after my meeting in Greenhills, I finally got the toycon pics from RG and Fart, also Henry the Sephiroth avatar handle of the cosplay community came as after my invitation. too bad, Mark didn't showed up maybe because the flash typhoon blows him back to his TransFormers World.


Breastfeeding center in Megamall. (i saw this center near the skating rink and it was the brightest idea that they put it in the mall. I was wondering now if adults can breast feed too? di ba Lace? )**kidding**

after that it was a night out in SM Foodcourt, rarely I been hanging out with the people staying there, people from DA, anime, cosplay and jrock stay there every saturday holding some weekend meet up with friends and also meeting up with new people.
for example Lace met this girl cosplayer carrying a stuffed toy.


inside Vtoyz Hobbyshop in Blue Lane, Greenhills Shoppesville
thats the Toycon main branch

and speaking of stuffed toys, we were walking in the mall with RG, Henry and Fart. carrying Fart's big COW stuffed toy, while Henry carries the black colored Mokona doll.
Lace enjoyed the day out wearing her harajuku jpop outfit that she bought the day before with Mariel.


While me was happy to accomplished my mission that day.
and holy crap..im still crying about that premiere of Superman Returns.

This coming saturday will be the party to all toycon marshalls!

and oppps...also my birthday... and Lace's crazy bday party that Im still puzzled what it is.

il post soon schedules of the AZRAEL's ONLINE BDAY PARTY whoohooh
just make sure to set up those webcams and voice devices.


while browsing and blogging, I saw Gerry's reply to Lace's philosophical questions to Gerry's comic book "ELMER"

this entry is from http://alanguilan.com/sanpablo/wbnormal.html


Lace Llanora sent over a question (via Az) with regards to Elmer: Why do the chickens talk?

That's actually a very nice question, something I would like to write about here. There are two answers to this question, one from the point of view of me as the writer/artist of the comic book, and another within the context of the story.

The decision to do a comic book with talking chickens really came from me doing endless "What If?"s about anything and everything. What if cats were really aliens sent here to observe humans? What if the TV programs and movies are the real world and the world we're living in is really just one big movie? What if nobody died but continued to age and age and age? What if chickens could talk? It's just one of those things.

But I've always been fascinated by chickens and I have lots of fun watching them peck and crow and act jittery and paraoid when disturbed. They seem to have a perpetually angry look in their eyes that it makes me wonder what goes on in their tiny little minds. What if they could suddenly feel and think and talk just like humans? The idea in itself is a bit funny, but I wanted to approach it seriously, and see where it would take me.

In the context of the comic book itself, the reason why chickens can talk won't really be addressed. I don't want to explain how it happened, be it divine intervention or a sudden leap in evolution, chicken warriors from fowl planet or acts of the devil. To do so would add a fantastic element to the story that would disrupt the kind of story I want to tell, which is a straight drama.

The story begins with the chickens already evolved and intelligent and are already part of normal society. That's pretty much what I tried to establish in issue #1. Issue #2 would flashback to the beginning, with the sudden evolution of the chickens and how they and the world coped with it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments