My entry about the 3 girl rocker band - My Odessa


Highway Star cover, video by batewtew

This entry is for everyone, And maybe after posting this information, even the slight info we got form the wide world web, hope this help in your search about them. I've been bombarded by a massive inquiries via text, email and messages during and after the Toy Con 2008, and the only answer I can give you is,. talk to Fudge Magazine they brought the band here in our event. But our friends at Fudge Magazine told me that, if you want to know more about the band, the music and the names of the rocker chicks, then buy next month the July issue of Fudge Magazine.

hahahaha! I was laughing and said oh no! I just can't wait for another month and suffer a massive inquiries about the band from left to right hahahaha, so here I am blogging about them, and since they don't have yet a website or a multiply account, hope this little info helps.

My story below after the link

I was busy fixing the schedule of the Toy Con 2008, and in the middle of my relaxing time during the event, Ana Gan of Fudge Magazine approached me from behind popping out from their Bat-cave Fudge Magazine booth and told me if it possible to enter one more band and if there are other schedules for the band, I just declined from her request, because I'm already tired and don't want to have another band problems for the event, and it was a last minute call, so I decided to ask if that band is maybe "Bamboo" or maybe "Kamikaze" hahaha, just dreaming in the side, then Ana said "they compose of 3 girls, and they play Led Zepellin", after hearing from her and saw her hands performing a guitar air lead, and my mind pops Led Zepellin and then 3 girls rocking..

I said, "wow! ok, they're In!, let met check if we have another schedule, because there's a band here who is already out of schedule because they are not yet complete", then I made sure they play Led Zepellin and she confirmed a big "yes!" then I asked the name of the band and she said, " MY ODESSA", its a girl band, but hearing Led Zep really makes me more curious on them.

then the time ticks fast and I just found out that they were lost somewhere in Quezon City going to Megamall, I was laughing, what??!!! lost? but I just waited in my control booth and waited for them, then when I heard that they arrived, I told Ana to let them stay on the back stage and then prepare for a set up, then I met their manager, I'm not sure because everything is fast and quick. then I saw the 3 girls performing Sweet Child O' Mine, I said to myself, its okay, they play well, I can do Sweet child too, but when I saw the lead guitarist covered all SLASH leads... I said.. Oh my stars and garters!!!! then the crowd went wild! and then they played Black Dog, Moby Dick and Highway Star... I said wow! Led Zep and Deep Purple, never seen this kind of things in the year 2008.


video by http://shimekops.multiply.com

as the crowd cheered for them, the Toy Con 2008 people went alive just before the Cosplay catwalk. And then after they performed many people ask me minute after minute asking the same questions " can I know the name of band ? what is their contact number? who are they?
do they have a manager? can I add them to my friendster? "

hahahaa, I was laughing ang told them to ask Fudge Magazine about it.

I like to thank Fudge Magazine for bringing a great band here in Toy Con 2008, you set me up again! ahahahhaa. I always loved your surpises haaha.

here are some info for you that I found in the internet. since they are hard to find in google, I like to share this to you, although we can't confirm this with them, lets just say that it is only a unconfirmed theory. wow! sounds like that they are from the X-files

their names :
Sid - Drummer
Paige - Bassist
Ana - Guitarist

*update Edit 1 ( June 24, 2008)
Sid and Paige are sisters

I think they are from Davao, not sure about that, I saw a youtube clip and they perform there and its like they have a big fan base.

they have an album coming out check out the info below



1. Baroque
2. Goodbye Na Lang
3. Bakit Nagkaganito
4. Let Me Stay
5. Agos
6. Together We'll Fly
7. Numb
8. Now That You're Gone
9. Harlequin
10. Sleepless

under Viva Records
info from : Titik Pilipino and Viva Music Group

check out these videos of their previous gigs



Moby Dick cover


Black Dog cover


Sweet Child O' Mine cover


Highway Star cover


Black Dog cover

Post a Comment

5 Comments

itot54joni said…
bale yun bahista at drummer e pamangkin ng stepfather ko.galing sila dito s bahay non last may.
@itot54joni
ahhhh... galeng naman.. did I get their names correct ?
WENDY ELIZALDE said…
aw...... uu taga davao yan sila :)

how did i Know??? kc kasama ko yan lagi ang drummer nong highschool every uwian :) hehehehe... nag shotting ang lead guitarist and ang drummer sa bahay namin noon. hehehe
WENDY ELIZALDE said…
aw...... uu taga davao yan sila :)

how did i Know??? kc kasama ko yan lagi ang drummer nong highschool every uwian :) hehehehe... nag shotting ang lead guitarist and ang drummer sa bahay namin noon. hehehe