chains, gods, demons, Hades and the Ghost of Sparta


God of War: Chains of Olympus ( PSP )

This is my first PSP game and super thanks to my lovely parents that they didn't forgot me if ever I'm going to ask something for my birthday hahaahha. the PSP they gave as a gift is a limited edition colored red PSP with a bundle of God of War: Chains of Olympus. You see that fell in love with this game, and my first encounter was last year when we were supposed to buy that Nintendo Wii in SM Appliance store, when Lace and her mom wait for the unit in the store, I grabbed a PS2 unit demo in the area and I started this game called God of War and after a few stunts and clicks, I just got hooked on the game and loved the style and the moves of a being a hack and slasher.

There are a lot of puzzles and obstacles that will require you think, not just the ordinary game you know, but I love these kind of games and because I'm too allergic to RPG games, I got easily hooked on the game. But then, after a few years , just dreamed of getting my own God of War game. And then kaboom! parents saved the day and now I have my own game with me and wow! PSP rocks!!!! (Read more of my story below)

The God of War : Chains of Olympus in PSP is one of the best for me, even that I haven't tried other games in PSP. This is already in my top list, as they say that the first one you got devirginized in gaming, it will be your most memorable game ever in your life. Kratos is the name of the character ( pic above) wields a weapon called Blade of chaos, you use it in killing all evil near you and that includes beasts, demons, warriors and you can use it to destroy things too.
The blade of chaos is one of the best weapon ever! hahahaha. fan boy mode! it has a blade on the end and Kratos use it to whip, spin and drag enemies out of the ground.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/3968/3968.jpg
The game in PSP is the the prelude story of the whole God of War games, and since it is the new game for the PS family and 3rd installment of the game. I enjoy battling some gods and other demonic characters. Even I got a role to play a father.. awwwww which is the most touching part of the game.

The trick here for playing is that, you need to know more about on using that blade of chaos, there is also magic called the Efret, you release a demonic fire beast and kills everyone near it. And there's the Gauntlet of Zeus which you can charge it with energy and smash everything with big damage, and there's the Sun shield which is very effective to use to block enemy attacks and also use to charge it with the sun. There are others, but these are the weapon of choice I love for the game.

your mission is that you need to free Helios and return it to the sky, since the sun was gone and there's this god who rule the whole equation. All other gods were gone due to the power of the sun, so your task is to find the sun chariot and then defeat all evil entities that block your way. I just read the whole story in Wikipedia, and it matches the whole story in the game, but if you will play this game.I suggest that you must not read the story on the net, or try to use some of the those cheat tricks and codes found in the internet.

I just found some of those cheat tricks, but Im not sure if it works hahahaha

I just finished the game last Thursday night, and it was great.. Battling Atlas is one of my favorite scene.. wow! If you love hack and slash games, some Greek Mythology, I'm so sure that God of Wars: Chains of Olympus is the right game for you.

now my next mission is... to buy a PSP memory card. aahhah just to save all those games and mission. Since I don't have a memory card, I will play the game over again from the start.
because if you have finished the game,.there's a Hades challenge option after, were you will fight some enemies and do some task that will beat the Hades challenge.

and now, I'm excited to try other God of War games in PS.

here's a trailer of the game



And after watching the video above, there's an artist and concept designer named Carlo Arellano. I'm not sure if he is Filipino, but it is great if he really is !
hope I can get in touch with him via his blog at http://chainsawart.blogspot.com/


Post a Comment

0 Comments