Christian Voltar Alcala meets Stan Lee

Christian Voltar Alcala, son of the late Filipino master comics illustrator Alfredo Alcala, is here having a big meeting with the legendary Stan Lee, co-creator and writer of famous comic books such as Captain America, Spider-Man Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Thor, The Incredible Hulk and the X-Men.

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/2862786641_40510b8633.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

IT’S EXCALIBUR AND EXCELSIOR!
By: Christian Voltar Alcala

Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA

On May 4, 2008, my mom along with my wife and I drove from Vallejo to Los Angeles to attend a comic book convention where Stan Lee is a special guest.

It was a great experience meeting the legendary Stan Lee and my heart leaped with gladness upon having the honor of meeting this great man with such splendor and strength.

Here is Stan Lee’s reminiscence on my dad’s artworks, as I carry on the torch of my father’s legacy:

“Dear Christian,

I am highly honored that you would want me to write a few words about your father's wonderful artwork-- and about yours.

Rarely does a son manage to carry on a glorious tradition as splendidly as you have carried on your father's.

I remember Alfredo's illustrations well. They were almost poetic in their beauty. He was indeed a master illustrator who put so much of himself and his imagination in every drawing. We at Marvel are proud to have worked with such a gifted artist and such a true gentleman.

I wish you every success as you so capably follow in his fabled footsteps.


Excelsior!
Stan Lee



”I respect this noble and righteous man for his achievements, as much as I love and respected my father. He is true to his word, the qualities of a great knight in shining armor which shines with honor throughout the entire Kingdom of Camelot.

In 2006, Roy Thomas and Stan Lee had a project on Marvel and it was an honor when Roy and Stan acknowledged me their book-“Stan Lee’s Amazing Marvel Universe”.

I shall always treasure this book as I have treasured my father’s legacy.

EXCALIBUR!

© 2008 Christian Voltar Alcala

Christian Voltar Alcala
Proprietor/Artist
The Alcala Legacy
www.comicspace.com/alcala_legacy/
www.myspace.com/guitarsaint76
http://christianvolt.blogs.friendster.com/photos/art_exhibits/
cell: (415) 902-8218
email: christianvolt76@yahoo.com

more photos below after the link

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/2863587016_29012553ec.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2863590030_66d85eab36.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/2862759131_edd1618a08.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Post a Comment

0 Comments