The Simpsons US postal stamps on May 7, 2009



Stamp collecting will be the next big hit on May 7, as the hit comedy cartoon "The Simpsons" will be immortalized once again and will be available on US postal stamps. Five kinds of The Simpsons stamps was revealed last Thursday according to CNN.

"We are emotionally moved by the Postal Service selecting us rather than making the lazy choice of someone who has benefited society," said "Simpsons" producer James L. Brooks.

Bart Simpson, who is known to collect stamps, "will serve as a great opportunity to interest youngsters into stamp collecting," said David Failor, executive director of stamp services for the Postal Service.

Failor added, "eyebrow-raising to say the least, this witty, well-written pop icon continues to irreverently satire its parody of a middle-class family as it lampoons American culture."

The new stamps can be seen and pre-ordered at USPS.com - CNN
http://goldderby.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c2c4f53ef01156f17858d970c-pi
pic source : The Envelope
The cartoon's creator, Matt Groening, has rendered the artwork for the Simpson stamps, to be previewed April 9. In all, the Postal Service annually receives more than 50,000 suggestions for its special stamp of approval, but issues only 20.
Stephen M. Silverman - People

Now I like to call the attention of my brother and sister who lives in Chicago to buy me a set of The Simpsons stamps :) I already have the DC comics stamps and the Star Wars stamps, and I really want this to be included in my pop culture stamps collection. And they are running a contest! woooooohohohh... visit http://www.usps.com/promotions/simpsons.htm , a wanna win a Matt Groening signature on the stamps!

I like to reveal here that I collect stamps during my elementary and high school years, it was a funny hobby that I started in UST elementary years that influenced a lot of my classmates to collect stamps, and I got the interest in getting into the hobby after watching Tommy Tricker and the stamp traveller movie with my family, the hobby became bigger and I was happy that me and my classmates roam the library in Educ. bldg just to read over again one book all about stamps. The hobby stopped during highschool years, because its hard to get a girl friend that time by showing your stamp collections hahaha. But hey! I collect comics and video games on that era and it was the coolest hobby ever!