Photo Session 5 - Flight of the Dragonflies


Here's an activity that I didn't expected last weekend. I was so sick for a week and photo shooting is the outdoor that I can do at home. I went to the garden area and saw lots of big dragon flies flying above the garden and some of them lands on top of the plant and stay there for minutes. I did a National Geographic stunt ( haahha) and use my Olympus E520 then I crawled on the floor and took a marco shot of the dragonfly sitting in some plants. I noticed that they aren't disturbed too much everytime I take photos, I even use flash and still they are standing undisturbed. The yellow dragonfly are much easy to take pics, whiled the red tail dragonfly are so sensitive to movements, the green tail dragonfly are also easy to take pics but they sometimes are sensitive.

I think the dragonfly are sitting maybe laying their eggs, so that's why they are in the plant and very busy.. hmm sleeping, I think?.

I used a 180 mm lens in my first shoot, but then I changed it to 18 mm and set it up in macro mode for better view.

you can check the photo series here in my album at Tutubi hunting