Feast of the Black Nazarene 2010 : on the way to Quiapo Church

Every year, me and my sis always attend and go to mass at Quiapo Church for the Feast of the Black Nazarene. It is also considered as our family practice and tradition going there every year to pray and give thanks for the blessing that our Lord gave. Since my family is living in the USA, me and my sis carry out the mission to attend the mass and also my take to do a photo coverage once again. 

IMG_0095
This is a series of photo blog stories, from my Olympus E520 DSLR and Canon IXUS 120is compact camera, thanks to Danissa of AGATEP for the Canon camera, this will be a good test ground and review for the unit.

I woke up at around 5am and it was almost late, my sis told me to go to Recto MRT to meet her there and looks like that both of us woke up late, I went there and arrived at around 8am. I heard the news that the procession will start at 7am but we don't have to worry about it because the Black Nazarene will arrive at the church around night time. During my travel, I was surprised that the road was already blocked and then the bus stops near Manila Zoo. My only way there is to walk all the way from the zoo up to the MRT. I took a ride there going to D. Jose station and walk to Recto MRT to meet my sis. We went down and walk from Isetan to Raon and then to Quiapo church. ( read more below)

 on this photo set, I used the Canon Ixus 120is compact camera in wide frame.


IMG_0054
the busy and long line at the Quirino LRT station

IMG_0057
walk way from D.Jose LRT station going to Recto MRT station

IMG_0058
i miss this walkway, i used to pass here every day during my college years in FEU

IMG_0060
my sis in the street near Isetan mall

IMG_0062
Black Nazarene devotees walking and carry their own Nazarene image

IMG_0063
heart of Recto going to Quiapo church

IMG_0066
it will be a long walk going there

IMG_0067
t-shirts for sale. didn't expected the vendors will reach the Recto area, all I know they sell these shirts near the church

IMG_0068
okay, lets move

IMG_0070
more entrepreneurs

IMG_0071
silk screen shirts

IMG_0073
more selling booths, looks like business is great today

IMG_0075
at the end of Recto under pass

IMG_0076
giant billboard

IMG_0077
vendors are now occupying the middle of the road

IMG_0081
towels for sale

IMG_0082
long walkatahon

IMG_0086
looking back

IMG_0089
Every year, Chowking always place these ad tarps with the image of the Nazarene, just to greet everyone a happy feast!

IMG_0090
Raon st. with lots of banners of politicians

IMG_0097
my sis bought some candles and lit up all those wishing candles

IMG_0098
almost near to the church

IMG_0101
very crowded and also hot

IMG_0104
vendors and the crowd




IMG_0110


finally arrived in Quiapo Church.