The food blogger vs. The restaurant in Singapore

This news just came out and its the most discussed topic online and the news is about this food blogger who demanded free food in a restaurant in Singapore, but according to the blogger, the news that circulated on the net is not true, the blogger posted an explanation via his/her own food blog website and made it clear that he/she didn't demanded free food, but accepted an invitation for a food tasting session by this restaurant.

news here :
from Yahoo! News SG - S’poreans outraged over ‘free meal’ blogger

and now the blogger's reply and explanation about the incident - The Truth about this Singapore Food Blog and since that the blog is out of bandwidth as of now due to heavy traffic, Here's an alternative link via Google Translation -

"I am aware of the articles that have been circulating in my absence, regarding an accusation that I visited a restaurant and asked for a waiver on their meals. I would like to make certain clarifications here. I would like to make certain clarifications here."

"
There were no claims or requests made for “free food” since it was a direct invitation to sample the items on the new menu. There were no claims or requests made for "free food" since it was a direct invitation to sample the new items on the menu. It was an oversight to assume to that no acknowledgment from Melanie about my 3 accompanying guests would mean that their meals would be on the house too." - read more here

It's clear in the blogger's blog post that there are some kind of misunderstanding between both parties, the PR manager of the restaurant and the food blogger. I guess this will serve as a lesson to us and avoid this to happen, especially to food bloggers who are just starting in the field. We should double check always and communicate properly to resto owners or hosts if they invited us for a food tasting, I've been invite so many times and I always check and make it clear that the food they will serve for us are a complimentary and since we love to eat and blog, we should be responsible and write a review or blog post about their food and resto.

But in my history I haven't asked them if the food is free or not,I just turn my radar and feel if we need to pay for the food hahahaa, but I know its free, but if they want us to pay for it, ok lang, I'll pay naman. But I'm glad that the resto owners or resto PR managers are very cooperative and accommodating and I have no trouble with them, also they are excited to read our feature blog post and review about their food and resto. But its a good to start as a food blogger who pays their own food and review it voluntarily.

and for the Singapore food blogger-restaurant incident, if it is a case of misunderstanding, why it landed in the digital pages of a Yahoo! News SG? does this news came in first as a rumor?