My top 10 #sentisabado food/fiesta

I just got the idea to compile and post my top 10 #sentisabado moments in my life, since everyone is busy tweeting and whenever I will post something, the fail whale will show up and slam me that twitter is over capacity hahahaha.

so for this week, @tonyocruz announces that #sentisabado is now available to post anywhere and outside twitter. yay! so here's my #sentisabado with the theme for food and fiesta in the early years or yester-years. Join #sentisabado in Facebook

IMG_0138
Food.
1. Eating in Chonam restaurant (in Quiapo) with my family, I love their Pata tim and camaron. and in Wah Sun (formerly Sun Wah) eat our family dinner in a seasonal occasions.

2. I remember that we call the waiters in this mini resto in Luneta, and then my dad complained for the waiters not noticing us everytime we call them, then realized all of them are vocal and hearing impaired

3. Sundot kulangot - best P1 sweet in the bangketas, mini bamboo stem with sweet coconut jam inside

4. Junk food with free toy inside - I buy one, get the toy and throw away the junk food hahaha

5. Pancit habhab - in Lucban, Quezon, we visit our province in Quezon, so this is very common to me since the year 1980's and Serg chocolates, that expensive P5 pesos choco during my grade school years in UST

6. I cooked mongo for the first time in my life, I tasted it and theres no taste, no internet that time to check for recipe, I missed an ingredient for the taste, then I decided to pour a sinigang mix, then it tasted so good... sinigang na mongo ahhaha.

7. Eat tapsilog meal in Lola Ely's in Sta. Cruz Manila, I eat there everyday after school with my barkada and band mates after the long hours of IRC and band practice.

8. White Rabbit candy - we eat this with the white paper wrapper that melts in your mouth, I even tried eating the other White Rabbit, looks fake, but the white wrapper never melts.

9. Order and deliver food by Hot Pack in Sampaloc Manila. A guy riding a bike will deliver your food at home. The Lemon Chicken soy tastes good. Also in Caloocan City, we order food in Boy Ching Restaurant.

10. I can't forget who told me to go line up in that Burger Machine stand in corner of Dimasalang and Laon Laan in Sampaloc Manila. They did some promo thing that you can buy one and take one burger for free. There was a long line and people mobbed the burger stand the whole night.

IMG_0132
Fiesta
1. I went to a local fiesta near our home in Governor Forbes st. and theres this program on stage, the host advertised that the cast of Thats Entertainment will be there, then we waited, we watch silly performance, comedy, and magic, then after 3am, no celebrities went there.

2. I love the fiesta of San Isidro in my province, during the 1990's, me and my cousin join the mob in catching fruits, food, hats, etc. that was thrown to us by the people who decorated their homes with harvest. Sometimes I even dodged a Buko and Pineapple when they throw it away.

3. A guy performs a sword trick on stage during a fiesta, he swallowed the sword, that was 3 swords, and when he pulled the sword out of his throat, lots of saliva spits out and some audiences in front got wet hahaha

4. 1989 - my playmates joined the "pataasan ng ihi contest" I didnt joined..it was gross to see them piss around infront of many people. I think the prize is a P10.

5. an uncle of mine is wearing this HIGANTE costume for a local fiesta, they march and paraded around town, my little cousin was there at the crowd watching the parade, we laugh and joked around to tease him and make him afraid of the HIGANTE mascot thing, he bravely said that he is not scared, then he didnt know that one of the HIGANTE under it is our uncle, he approached our little cousin and stopped infront of me and took a bow, my little cousin cried and rans away, then we all laughed hahaha.

6. In our town fiesta in Sampalok, Quezon, we visit all of our relatives and family friends the whole day, then we eat everytime we visit, then realized all of them have the same food on the table - menudo, caldereta, pastel, puto seko, broas and coca cola.

7. Ryan Orosco, a friend, joined with us in a family fiesta in the province, after arriving in our town, me and my sister joked around and pretended to be aswangs, and we will eat Ryan at night hahahaha, the joke was inspired from that Shake, Rattle and Roll movie feat. Manily Reynes.

8. I hate going to fiesta of Antipolo during my early years, because we need to walk up and down on that road going to the church. But I love the food stands there. And I always buy that red horse made of paper mache.

9. Fiesta of Quiapo, we visit this every year, mom and dad always bring us there and attend the mass at around 5am, then eat somewhere in the food stalls in the streets, sometimes get lucky if Jollibee is open.

10. Fiesta in Santolan, Pasig is a fun town fiesta, they close the road for a week, then lots of program and activities for the entire week, and on Sunday, lots of people and even strangers will knock on the door and ask for fiesta money or food. weird.. ganun pala dun.