Barbie doll in real life proportion of weirdness

image
A group of students created a dummy life size Barbie doll following its scale in toy form and applying the sizes into a real life human being. I saw this model Barbie Doll lifesize replica on TV last night in Today Show and I’m very disgusted to see a weird form of the doll.. hindi ako sanay!  More story below

image
(source)

I didn’t like the idea that they think of a real life proportion of Barbie doll, for me its like an insult, I love Barbie doll ( even that I don’t play with it) and for me Barbie is an icon and didn’t expected that a group of students created and now the media is grabbing a news about it. Mattel sent a statement and said that Barbie is a toy and doesn’t represent any real human.

Ok Ok. so I can to challenge the students if they can create also a lifesize proportion of a LEGO character.

Well, its a perfectly good message for kids that they should idolize a real human and not dolls..but will kids look at this lifesize doll ? I heard that little girls love Ben 10 more than Barbies aahha.