35,000 pcs of comics given by Comic Odyssey for Free Comic Book Day Philippines

P5075189
Going to Free Comic Book Day every year is a fun event for comics fans because its like a loyalty award given by comic shop owners to their customers but at the Free Comic Book Day you can get a free comics even if you are not a customer. This is a global event created by American comic book stores and distributors in 2002 and the purpose of Free Comic Book Day is not only a reward program but also a way of getting new comic book fans and readers, bring back the old fans to comics, introduction of new comic creators, engage everyone to different comic book fans and readers, and a way of reminding us to READ.

Comic Odyssey is our premiere organizer here in the Philippines and they are doing this for since way back 2005 and I went there in Comic Odyssey in Robinsons Galeria to take a short visit and do a coverage for this year’s 2011 Free Comic Book Day Philippines.

more photos below I arrived so late yesterday and saw the front store of Comic Odyssey has no more long lines and everyone are happy going home with a large plastic bag full of comics. I went inside the store and saw some of our comic book fans digging the comics bin and shelves to take advantage of the 50% off price. I met our international and pinoy comic artist friends doing some sketching work for their fans, some of them are surprised to see me present minutes after the whole FCBD mania, its great to see everyone so busy and the love for comics is still in there. I talked to Sandy Sansolis, owner of Comic Odyssey and he told me that they gave away 35,000 pieces of free comics to everyone and for the number of store visitors, it was around 700 people, to divide it… one store visitor might took home an estimate of 50 pcs of comics. I also saw our comic fan boy friend Adrian Lontoc and he showed me his loot of the day and his plastic bag full of comics is so heavy, I didn’t got the time to check the comics one by one, but I took a short peak and saw first that Green Lantern FCBD edition..gahhhhhhhh

Sandy told me that he didn’t saved me a copy for my FCBD loot due to that all of the copies are given away, but I told him that it is okay, what important for me here is that I met everyone and the comics mania still lives even that our attention is being stolen by Facebook and other weird stuff hahaha.

Congratulations to everyone for their comics loot, thanks also to Comic Odyssey for having the initiative in pushing this event every year. I know that Free Comic Book Day Philippines next year will be bigger as it grows every year.

so comics fans!
see you on May 5, 2012.

P5075167P5075169
inside the store of Comic Odyssey in Robinsons Galeria

P5075170P5075173
Comic Odyssey store is operated by friends and family of Sandy

P5075174P5075175
Winning raffle coupon on the board

P5075177P5075179
Store signage of Comic Odyssey

P5075181P5075183
Saying hi and hello to our comic creators and artist – spotted Carlo Pagulayan

P5075184P5075185
spotted : Harvey Tolibao and Stephen Segovia


P5075186P5075187
Mico Suayan

P5075188P5075189
comic fan boy Adrian Lontoc and his FCBD loot

P5075191P5075194
Sandy checks out some sketches from Harvey / and the mighty duo – artist Mark Torres and Punky

P5075195P5075197

Sandy smiles with Punky and Mark / and here’s Jay Anacleto and Edgar Tadeo

I have a photo of Dennis Crisostomo, Jason Paz and Lui Antonio,,,but its weird that the photo was gone in my SD card…weird..

its great to see everyone doing good!!! congrats also to Daddy Edgar Tadeo and Daddy Dennis
hahahaha..apir! daddy na tayo lahat!

Have you attended our FCBD ?
How was it ?
Share your story here!