Fast Five movie review – the past, present and future of Fast-Furious

photo
Fast Five advanced screening was last week and I just can’t let it pass and decided to watch it alone., been a fan of the Fast and the Furious movies since part 1 and I love the cars, the action, the pop culture juice flowing in different parts of the movie. Here in Fast Five, the movie is also called Fast and Furious 5 or Fast and Furious: Rio Heist. I didn’t got the time to watch the trailer online when I heard about this movie few months ago, but all I know is that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the new addition to the Fast-Furious movie line, and I also got a tip that this movie takes place after Fast and Furious 4 and before the Tokyo Drift movie, that will explain why Han is still alive and have an appearance here, but the character Lety played by Michelle Rodriguez is not included, because she died in a car accident in part 4. (more movie review below)

Opening May 4 at SM Cinemas and Imax Theater Mall of Asia, “Fast & Furious 5” is a United International Pictures release through Solar Entertainment.

This movie rocks! and It didn’t let my eyes stop watching closely and focus not only about cars, but on the story too, if you are familiar of the whole story starting from part 1, you’ll get comfortable focusing on the big story of this movie and its like watching a tele novela that requires you to go back from the beginning and see what will happen on the next. I can say that I enjoyed this movie so much than watching the “Thor” movie, but at least it gave me a big smile in knowing some COOL PARTS AT THE END OF CREDITS OF THE MOVIE.

yup, you read that in all caps,if you’re going to watch the movie, don’t leave your seats and wait till the end of the credits, because there’s an epilogue that will be shown and its for a POSSIBLE or UPCOMING Fast and the Furious part 6. Ok Ok that’s a spoiler for now, but we can’t tell if there will be another movie. But by watching Fast Five movie, I noticed that the story between Brian (Paul Walker), Dom (Vin Diesel) and Mia (Jordana Brewster) is finally settled here and it was given a closure for the whole story. You know that after Fast Five, the character of Han will be shown here and he will move to Tokyo after this movie, we know that he died there and Dom visited him and joined a drifting race, but we are not sure if this will project to a next movie part 6.

The movie is like watching Mission Impossible with cool cars and guns, the Fast and the Furious characters from different parts of the movie will be seen here and if you saw all movies, you will recognize them right away and know with their backgrounds and what will be their contribution for the group. I’m kinda disappointed that character of Han was killed in Tokyo Drift, but here in Fast Five, I really like his character and he shows his true skills and not only about drifting cars.

Fast Five is not only about the trio characters but also a big introduction of Dwayne Johnson as Hobbs, he chases the group and got caught in the middle, just like when Brian started, but this time, his character is like a mix of Brian and Dom – being a bad ass law enforcer with lots of medal, I like Hobbs’s character here and he is like the Hulk of the movie, I love the big brawl happened between Dom and Hobbs, its like a wrestling match and everyone is in chaos. Its funny to discover here that Dwayne is much more bigger than Vin Diesel, but you’ll see here who the true bad ass of the Fast Furious movies.

I don’t focus much attention to those cars, I just saw a classic 1966 Corvette Grand Sport, 1966 Ford GT40, 2010 Dodge Challenger and many more, you can see a list here at http://screenrant.com/fast-five-cars-mikee-98549/

I also like that Train Heist Truck, a cool custom all terrain truck. And also that Dodge charger police car

For my character comments

photo
Vin Diesel as Dominic "Dom" Toretto
Still the bad ass of the movie, he didn't changed but still at lost after Lety died in part 4, he gives everything he got and for the sake of his sister Mia and friend Brian.

Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner
Brian is back again and his story from part 4 started with Dom after the big escape. The comedy nature of Brian can be seen here, I like how he reacts and also using his brains once more and still can't accept if he losses in race with Dom.

Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto
Back in Part 1, my apple of my eye is Jordana Brewster, I like her there and still the bad ass sister of Dom, she aged a little here but it gives me a hard time to focus about her because the character changed a bit due to some situations she needs to deal, but then, no cars to drive for Mia this time.

Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce
From the past movie, like in part 2 of the movie - 2 Fast 2 Furious, he shows a big help with Brian back there, but his skills are needed,but the funny antics still shows and like in part 2 with lots of comedy with Brian, here in Fast 5 will double up the comedy. I like to see him back for another Fast Furious movie

Joaquim de Almeida as Hernan Reyes
When I saw the character of Hernan, I laughed and mentioned in my self that "Hey! I saw Bucho, the villain of Desperado movies". Less appearance here, but in other movies, he is the big boss villain and will show up with some situation needed for his action.

Ludacris as Tej Parker
Still the same guy we know back in 2 Fast 2 Furious, the computer geek and tech guy of the team.

Matt Schulze as Vince
Vince is back here as a part of the family of Dom and Mia, he reveals something here and the story will start from him

Sung Kang as Han Lue
I mentioned Han awhile ago, and after seeing his part in Tokyo Drift, he died also there and we saw his part here, the old same Han we know from Tokyo Drift, cool and with awesome drifting skills, although when it comes to drifting, it is not already a specialty for him because most of the team mates are into drifting and much more better than him

Gal Gadot as Gisele Harabo
She's back after part 3, and looks hot and sexy, I love her character as she drives that hot Ducati bike. A new romance will revolve here with her and another Fast Five team, guess who ?

Tego Calderon as Tego Leo and Don Omar as Rico Santos
I researched that they are present from the Part 3 movie, I need to get more info about them, because back then they are one of the minor characters, I didn't expected that they have a big role here for Fast Five 5

Elsa Pataky as Elena Neves
She is the hottest cop ever!!!!! Just wait till the end of the movie.. omg! omg! googling her now for more photos :p

Michael Irby as Zizi
He's one of the funny character here, he is the main assistant of Hernan Reyes, leader of their henchman



I like the movie over all and I like to give it a

4.5 over 5 dancing bananas

Its a nice action movie for all Fast and the Furious fans, it is also a great opening and closing for the whole movie series, and introduction of new characters of a possible new movie, and a free look on what we can see and experience at Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.

Thanks to SM Cinema and UIP for the awesome movie invite

My wish list for Fast and Furious 5
- Steve Austin
- new evolution cars
- Europe and Asia location
- new heist mission
- Female lead