Saturday day out: Mercato Centrale, John Carter, Sushi, Massage and Batman

SAM_1708
Yesterday was our weekend tradition to go out to eat, have fun, relax and enjoy seeing a new movie. After visiting Salcedo weekend market last Saturday, my wife created our staycation plan for the next Saturday to visit Mercato Centrale in Taguig City. We check out blogs and its Facebook pages for some update and there we pressed the launch button and we went there after waking up as early as 7am, but baby Ash won’t come with us that day because our family driver is busy on an errand. But our Saturday day out went well and thanks to Lace for fixing a nice schedule for us. It also my 3rd day of having no dslr camera on hand, and I used Lace’s Samsung ES70 digital camera in documenting our day, well it works fine and I enjoyed using point and shoot camera again.

SAM_1694
Here’s Mercato Centrale now on its new location in Taguig City, I really miss the early Mercato because they have the air conditioned tent and lots of merchants. I got sad because all the food that I want to buy were no longer there, all I see are the normal and common food that we always see and eat here in our city.

SAM_1695
We spotted some blogger friends roaming around the market, I told them that I got a hard time checking out the market because of this new set up. Its like a food convention, with tables and smokey bbq areas.

SAM_1696
But having a free wifi is the best offer for me! heheheheh.. more points to Mercato Centrale.. this might be a good hub for bloggers who want to go blogging after an early jogging in the morning.

SAM_1697
A group of friends or office mates were seen here enjoying their meal

SAM_1698
I’m still sad because my favorite stalls are not here! also a blogger friend who have her own food stall is also not present, but I think her food stall is available only at Wednesday night at Mercato night market

SAM_1701
Common food with different name and recipe, Lace bought her lasagna here.

SAM_1702
There’s a covered tent for dining, if you don’t like seating near the food stalls and be suffocated by the smoke coming from the bbq grill, then the best place to eat is inside this tent, but there’s a little advantage…. its too far from the food stalls. hahahahah. It took me 15 min. to roam around again and bought Lace’s mineral water, when I arrive back to our table she finished her food already.

SAM_1704
I didn’t want to waste my time trying the food tasting of other stalls, but i decided to have a hearty breakfast meal with some meat and lamang loob

SAM_1705
I bought one “chicharong bulaklak” priced less than P100, yeah one flower is already deadly.. Remember that blog about our Salcedo market experience and mentioned that I miss eating chicharon bulaklak and forgot to buy one there, then here in Mercato it was like a pay back time for me. I pick up my chicharon from another stall because the seller who owns this chicharon broke their gas stove.

SAM_1706
Pork BBQ, Lace want to eat one, so I bought her two sticks…priced at P100 each (the stick and line of meat is long, but they have a short stick ver)

SAM_1707
Isaw delight…… P50 one stick…. on a long stick…. I didn’t like the taste..not sure if it is fresh, but I like the isaw sold here near our street back here in Cavite.

SAM_1711
Smokey arae, but the food grills are awesome..esp. the BBQs

SAM_1712
I bought this BBQ rice to partner with my grilled food

SAM_1714
my messy table……. my grilled food and some vinegar

SAM_1715
Lace trying out a half of chicharon bulaklak….that food is so heavy and my head wants to pop anytime, Lace bought her own dessert and the yohgurt nearby helped me relax but I want more sweets and cold dessert just to beat the cholesterol flowing to my head.

SAM_1717
After Mercato Centrale we decided to walk away from it and look for real food in a nearby street

SAM_1719
We argued about entering Starbucks that morning,because I want a Frapuccino to beat the heat and kill the umay inside of my veins, I bought the tall drink using my LAST PIECE of GC from Starbucks, we took a quick CR break and kept some cold breeze of air con inside our underwear.

SAM_1722
A long walk going to the other side of the street, while walking me and my wife Lace discuss an episode of Ancient Aliens that we saw in History Channel, we argued again on how man was created, but then I told her I don’t believe that man was created by aliens. And then we saw a restaurant nearby having a History channel PR event, when we saw it.. we both laugh ahahahah. event event event event…

SAM_1724
I always want to take a photo of this cute garbage can….so cute.

SAM_1725
After the long walk we ended up in a nearby store and saw a stuffed toys store and they sell these cute characters, here’s Pablo from the Backyardigans, after we saw the toys, it reminded us that we left baby Ashton at home and we felt guilty for not bringing him with us.
SAM_1726
Cookie monster….

SAM_1727
and here’s Elmo!!!!

SAM_1728
A disturbing look of Dora the Explorer…..I think this is an evil version of Dora

SAM_1729
We decided to watch a movie and told her that I want to watch John Carter, its a nice movie and I like the story and effects of the movie. I love the ending and also how they tell the story about a man being transported to Planet Mars and becomes a hero.. when I first saw the photo of the movie last year, I thought that the movie is He-man: Masters of the Universe, because the costume design they used and worn by Taylor Hitsch is like the costume of He-man.

After the movie, we booked ourself to a nearby Spa, her getting a royal massage, and me a manhattan massage. I feel so bitin after because my massage is the cheapest and it lasted for only 45 min, while her massage lasted for 60 min. I will have revenge next week.

SAM_1733
Saw this cute photo frame in a Japanese store, I want to buy one and will place my GI JOE figure on the seat and pretend them that they are waiting for the bus to arrive.

SAM_1734
I’m so curious on this waterproof camera by Speedo, the price looks okay to me.

SAM_1735
here’s another model, I’m going to research about this camera.

SAM_1737
We ate here in a Sushi resto nearby and tried their menu, the price is affordable compare to other Japanese resto, but I only complain that the Donburi doesn’t tastes original but quite close to the authentic Japanese style,I think they used local rice for the donburi.

SAM_1738
Me and the counter

SAM_1743
Our favorite Salmon Sashimi..priced at P180

SAM_1752
her Katsudon…priced at P115

SAM_1757
and my Gyudon…same price as above.. I like the raw egg on top

SAM_1759
Time to buy some pasalubong…. we grabbed our hopia here

SAM_1770
and some fruits…I’m glad that we brought our SM greenbag with us, we always bring our SM green bag whenever we go out and do shopping, because here in Cavite there’s a city ordinance that all stores and malls are banned from using plastic bags and styrofoams.

SAM_1779
After the market shopping, Lace wants to eat cup cakes, but then changed her mind and want to have some Starbucks and then I told her I want a Whitehat, our adventure ended here in Fully Booked and its a very unexpected visit for me because we don’t have a plan in going here because its all geeky stuff and its my interest, my wife doesn’t want me to get distracted whenever we go out, but I think its okay for her end because this is the end of our Saturday date, so I’m allowed now to take a peek and see David Finch during his comic book signing event wohohohooh, I’ll post a different blog entry later.

**David Finch is a comic book artist and writer and he did a popular gig writing story and doing art in a Batman comics for DC Comics.

SAM_1789
My yummy Whitehat yohgurt as always top with Kiwi and almonds…ahhh so refreshing….while eating this, I logged on to the internet using our so old 1st gen of Asus EEEPC netbook. check my email and Facebook. After the meal and some chat with my wife, we went to SM Mall of Asia for our ride home, but before that we wasted an hour of our time stuck in traffic in EDSA, but glad that the Pyromusical fireworks can be seen after the Magallanes-EDSA fly over…spectacular sight.

Whew! that’s our Saturday staycation…so how about you? how’s your weekend?