Return of the iButterfly in SM Cyberzone

iButterfly
Last Easter Sunday, SM Cyberzone launches the iButterfly event, each person with a smartphone with a iButterfly app installed can catch those butterfly using the app and each iButtefly caught on the phone are marked with freebie items which can be redeem later at nearby booth. The iButterfly works via augmented reality system of the app and your smartphone.

Me and my family tried the iButterfly in SM Cyberzone, SM Bacoor, it was a fun and challenging activity. I installed the iButterfly app in my LG Optimus Black with Android OS, I installed it here at home using my own wifi network and I downloaded it for free at the Google Play Store. I caught two iButterflies and one of it has a prize, but the iButterfly was gone after my wifi got disconnected inside SM Bacoor. We didn't played again because my little boy here wants to eat Jollibee and buy some toys at Toy Kingdom.





I checked out some blogs and saw Carlo Ople's experience with the iButterfly and wow!!! he caught lots of butterfly and redeemed lots of items!!

" SM Malls had a pretty cool Easter promotion yesterday at their Cyberzone sections. People with smartphones (Android/iOS) could download the iButterfly application and they could try to catch virtual butterflies using the camera feature of their phone. The virtual butterflies flew all around Cyberzone but you needed your phone to see them and catch them! Some butterflies yielded prizes which they can claim with the various shops in Cyberzone. That’s pretty awesome tech right there. " - Carlo via
http://www.newmedia.com.ph/sm-malls-dives-into-augmented-reality-with-ibutterfly/

Carlo's loot via the iButterfly


I'm excited for the return of the iButterfly this May 5, 2012 at the SM North EDSA The Block. This time I can have my revenge and catch lots of iButterfly!


Are you game for another iButterfly catching event this May 5th?

watch out for the official announcement at SM Cyberzone website and Facebook page.


** I got this news heads up from my friends at SM Cyberzone