Blogging tips:Batch resizing of photos in Blogger


Whenever I upload lots of photo in Blogger.com, I always end up resizing the photos from small size to its original size. There are times that I want my photos to appear bigger and not the automatic default –small size after an upload via Blogger and host it automatically in Picasa.

Resizing it manually with a few clicks is okay,but what if I uploaded 20 or 30 photos in one blog post and I want those photos to appear in its original size? My time will be eaten the photo loading after resizing and clicking and selecting photos one by one is not convenient. I like the old photo uploader of Blogger that you can select the photo appear bigger and fit resize to your blog content space, but the bad thing is that you can upload only 5 photos and here at the new photo uploader of Blogger, we can upload as many as we want in one batch.

So here’s a tip and technique on how you can save time in resizing lots of photos in Blogger.com

1. Upload a batch of photo using the new photo uploader
2. After the upload, photos will be automatically selected and posted on your blog content space
3. Go to the upper left corner and press HTML (that’s near the Compose button)
4. Copy all html codes and paste it to your Notepad
5. In your Notepad, click EDIT and then REPLACE
6. Type “s320” at the “Find what” field  and then type “s1600” at the “Replace with” field then click REPLACE ALL
7. Then go back again to REPLACE
8. Type  height="240" and replace it with a space  and do it the same with width="320" then click REPLACE ALL
9. Copy the html code and paste it again to your Blogger content space
10. Click Compose and see the resize into original size

** Just make sure that the orginal photo size you uploaded is fit to your content space, if you uploaded  a photo more than 800px, it will appear bigger and cover the entire space of your blog. I just convert and resize my photos into 600px for the best fit size for my blog and looks okay for viewing online.


sample photo upload below ( I selected this photo from my mobile phone uploads album in Picasa)