Lace’s home made Okonomiyaki

IMG_8971
When I first tasted Okonomiyaki in 1999, I told myself that I want to die already ahahahaha. I first tasted it in a Japanese restaurant in SM Southmall, and then my next Okonomiyaki was in a restaurant in Little Tokyo, it was more better than the 1st, and I told myself that I don’t want to die yet and I want to eat more Okonomiyaki. It was just an accident that time that I was studying Japanese (reading and writing), and its funny that when I read the signage of that restaurant with lots of names of the food written in Hiragana, I suddenly read..ohhhh they have Okonomiyaki, I was with my band mate that night and I invite him to dine in with me.. man that was the best Okonomiyaki, I want to go back there again in Little Tokyo, that’s my comment after my last bite, but that didn’t even happen after 10 more years hahahaha

Why? because my wife just perfected making her own Okonomiyaki, she did some research on where to get the right ingredients in our local markets. Cooking is not a problem for her, but the ingredients is the most important part of the cooking process. We’re glad that there are international products available in our local grocery, just like in SM Supermarket.

IMG_8972
So here’s her homemade Okonomiyaki, she cooked it in one try only.
Its good and I ate two more after this first batch.

IMG_8973
She didn’t put some sliced pork or some sprouts, but I requested to her that she must include it. I think I’m referring to the Tokyo version of the Okonomiyaki.

After that week, she made more Okonomiyaki, then earlier this afternoon, she asked me if I want to eat Okonomiyaki again, I told her that I don’t want to lose my appetite for Okonomiyaki, let’s have a break and then maybe after more weeks we can eat more again, I also reminded her about the pork strips hehehe

Thanks Mommy Lace!!

I wish I can share a piece of this Okonomiyaki, but if ever we will have a picnic here at home, I will try to invite you to come here and have a bite.