My 1st time breakfast at Aristocrat restaurant in Manila Roxas Blvd. - Southern food trip part 1

P4081090
April 8, 2014 – Its food trip adventure time! This resto is where we started our weekday food trip to the Southern side of Luzon, Its just a short food trip but for me it was like a 2 day travel and food adventure because we don’t have any itinerary and we visit lots of locations that day, and our plan is to hunt some good food in San Pablo City, Laguna. We meet up here in The Aristocrat Restaurant in Manila Roxas Blvd. Before we leave the city, my blogger friend Arpee told us that we can eat first our breakfast here in Aristocrat, from there I met the other foodie bloggers and also the food journalist and cook Nancy Reyes-Lumen, I’m a big fan of her because me and my wife always watch her tv food show “Pinoy foodies”, I just can’t believe that we will travel with her for this food adventure, the fanboyism was kept in my bag and never let it out till I went home haahaha.

Going back here in Aristocrat restaurant is like a travel to the past, I remember that we always eat here with my family for dinner, we travel all the way from Sta. Cruz, Manila or from Caloocan City, just to eat in this restaurant. My dad is a good cook at home and also a foodie, I thank him for introducing to us the must try restaurants in Manila, We are a frequent customer in Aristocrat’s Manila Roxas Blvd, it’s the oldest known resto and we go there since we were kids, for me that resto didn’t change a bit, the old structure is still there but the interiors of inside the resto already upgraded to modern luxury and comfort for their customers.

Okay, its my first time eat my breakfast here in Aristocrat, I’m aware that this resto operates 24/7 and I have big feeling that they serve my favorite tapsilog. My last visit here was 5 years ago, we ate lunch with my balikbayan relatives and then tour around some malls in Manila. My never ending order everything I’m here is a chicken barbeque loaded with java sauce.

For old fans of this resto, I’m sure they keep on coming back and start reminisce the past while munching that famous chicken barbeque and java rice. It always happen to me, in every bite it was like a time travel to the past. I’m glad that the old resto is still here in Manila and I heard that they are now expanding for more branches nationwide.

Before blogging this post about my southern food trip, I did some google-fu about Nancy Reyes-Lumen and her connection to Aristocrat, after reading some articles on the net, I learned that Nancy is the granddaughter of the Aristocrat founder Donya Engracia "Lola Asiang" Cruz-Reyes and Justice Alex Reyes. I also learned that Aristocrat started in 1936 as a snack store in mobile, I think its the first ever food truck or Jollijeep di ba? and now after several years it becomes a restaurant serving pinoy food with good quality for pinoys and foreigner's taste bud.

P4081091
My seatmate ordered this Chicken barbeque for her breakfast, then they shared to me that the “native hot choco” drink is one of the best ever! I didn’t got a chance to try that because I ordered a tapsilog bundled with a hot coffee. But I will try that on my next visit.

P4081092
Beef Tapa Plate (PHP 270)
Here’s my breakfast… tapsilog!!! it’s the softest and tastiest beef tapa for my morning! this gave me a nice boost for the rest of the afternoon. Also they served to me two sunny side up eggs, coffee and fried rice. I was expecting for a java rice, but I guess you have to request it when you order your All Filipino breakfast platter.

P4081095
Lengua de gato cookies
Aristocrat also have their own bakery section, here I tried their Lengua de gato, I took this home with me and I’m surprised that my 3 year old son loves it and he never stops munching it every morning and snacks. Its crispy, melts in your mouth and I love the buttery flavor.

P4081097
Here’s the new interiors of Aristocrat restaurant in Manila Roxas Blvd.
I remember that their tables and chairs are a fast food type 5 years ago, I;m glad that they change the concept to this warm setting.

P4081098

P4081099

P4081101

P4081102
Lola Asiang’s statue seal

P4081105
Thanks to Nancy Reyes-Lumen, a food journalist, cook and tv host of the food tv show “Pinoy foodie” aka the adobo queen, now a blogger at www.pinoyfoodies.com , for the food trip adventure and try their family’s awesome restaurant.

Eat your favorite pinoy food at The Aristocrat Restaurant
The Aristocrat Restaurant
website: http://www.aristocrat.com.ph/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheOriginalAristocrat
Instagram: http://instagram.com/the_aristocrat_ph
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AristocratPH

Branch Details:
Manila Roxas Blvd.
432 San Andres Street, Malate Manila
Phone: 524-7671 to 80
Fax: 521-3973

Robinsons Place Manila
4the Level, Pedro Gil Wing

Robinsons Place Manila
Phone: 523-3923
Fax 523-3973

SM City San Lazaro
2nd Level, SM City San Lazaro,
F. Huertas Corner A.H. Lacson Streets,
Sta. Cruz, Manila
Phone: 521-6035

SM City Dasmarinas
UGF, New Annex Building
Dasmarinas, Cavite
Phone: (046) 424 - 0000

Pasay SM Mall of Asia
Main Mall, SM Mall of Asia,
Central Business Park
Bay Boulevard, Pasay City
Phone: 556-0330, 556-0332

Makati Jupiter
146 Jupiter Street
Bel-Air Village, Makati City
Phone 895-0101,895-0725

SM City North EDSA
3rd Level, The Block,
Noth Avenue corner EDSA,
Quezon City
Phone: 442-0149, 442-0065

Subic Bay
Block 2, Lot 2
Maharlike Grounds,Rizal Highway,
Subic Bay, Freeport Zone
Phone: (047) 252-3909 to 11

South Luzon San Pablo
Ultimart Shopping Plaza,
M. Paulino Street,
San Pablo City, Laguna
Phone (049) 503-1987 to 88