Taal volcano now in alert level 1 after 5 volcanic quake since Oct 7, 2014

DSC_0116

Me and my blogger friends went to Talisay, Batangas after an overnight stay in Tagaytay, we took the Ligaya road in Tagaytay going to Talisay, Batangas. Its a long mountain drive going down to the town of Talisay and to the Taal lake, the sudden change of air pressure made me sick yesterday, I'm glad that Ted decided to stop and park his car near this observation site in Ligaya road. Then we noticed some ABS CBN camera crew filming and shooting the Taal volcano.We didn't know that time that our Taal volcano is having some hiccups.



Then after a day,  I learned that the Taal volcano is now in alert level 1, because Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) reported that they recorded 5 volcanic quake around the vicinity of the volcano.

Taal lake temperature rose from 32 degree up to 33.1 degrees centigrade, then the volcano releases a double ton of sulfur, from 698 ton it became 1800 tons of sulfure.

Accdg to Philvocs that Taal volcano might erupt soon.

Also in Albay, Bicol. Mayon Volcano is in alert level 3 since 2 weeks ago, it already releases some lava but the big explosion still waits.

Btw, I took a photo of Taal volcano while I'm at the bay of Taal Lake, I took that photo when we visited Balai Isabel yesterday afternoon.

news source