Toy hunting in Tagaytay City–New Year 2016 holiday staycation part 1

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

I went Tagaytay City to be with my family for our New Year vacation, and one of my agenda when I arrive there is to invite my son Ashton to do another toy hunting activity. We just go visit some shopping establishment and hunt for toys, there are some interesting stores here in Tagaytay that carries toys that are sold out in Manila.

I remember from our last month’s toy hunting, we spotted lots of Guardians of the Galaxy toys and Spider-man adventure mini figures with vehicles, all are priced for a bargain. We skipped in buying and told him that we can spot some of it Manila, because the pricing here in Tagaytay are PHP100 higher than the normal bargain price in Manila.

But I regret in not buying it, because when I went to a toy store in Manila, all of those toy lines are sold out and now its hard to find.

For our 1st toy hunting venue, we skipped in going to Olivares shopping arcade then we proceed first to Walter Mart Dept Store. There we saw the bargain toy of Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-man Adventures.

The Spider-man Adventures are sold out but we still got a great deal in taking home 2 Guardians of the Galaxy toys – The Rocket Racoon mask priced at PHP 300 and a Rocket Racoon Titan Hero Series action figure priced at PHP 200.

Ashton wants to acquire the Milano spaceship, but as I mentioned earlier, the price is PHP100 higher than the sale price in Manila. They are selling the ship at PHP600, and that’s only PHP 500 in Manila when the toy distributor dropped its price. Im still having 2nd thoughts of buying it, but my son really wants that Milano ship.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

Happy shopping at Walter Mart Dept Store, I just learned too that this shopping center is an affiliate of SM Supermalls. The cashier asked me if I have a SM Advantage Card when I paid for the toy shopping, that’s why I learned it that its powered by SM.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

BTW, we are at Ayala Mall Serin, and after checking out the toys at Toys R US and Japan Home Center, I invited Ash to eat some snacks at Santouka restaurant. Its our resto stop over here in Tagaytay after our toy hunting activity.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

Ash ordered a Gou han rice with pork bites, and I ordered this Miso Ramen.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

Ash loved eating his Gou han rice and he told me that its his favorite.


Toy hunting in Tagaytay

We roamed around Ayala Mall Serin and then my son whispered if we can have a photo at the Christmas Tree.. Its an awwww moment for me. So went there and got this father and son selfie. I think he missed me after 3 days being away from Tagaytay.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

Im surprised that there’s a Globe service center in Ayala Mall Serin, so I showed Ash this cool backdrop of Kylo Ren and BB8 from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

There’s a Daiso store at the ground floor
Here we spotted this throw pillows. They are priced at PHP88 and for me it’s a good deal
Ash wants that black pillow, but I told him that we have too many pillows at home and we might not need another one.

……………regrets again, I learned that I need an extra pillow here in our Tagaytay home. I might go back the next day and get a Darth Vader pillow.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

One of my agenda too is to bring my son to a 7 Eleven store to grab a Star Wars: The Force Awakens tumbler.
Then we spotted this poster and I discovered that in every purchase of a Bit Bite meal, you get 1 Star Wars points stamp, and you can exchange this for a sticker, and having a 10 stamps will award you an Art book and sticker book + raffle to win a BB8 Sphero smartphone controlled toy.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

And we’re here at the Gulp dispenser. I bought a Gulp Mountain Dew and a Captain Phasma tumbler, all priced at PHP 59

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

Kylo Ren tumbler is sold out, so our next grab is this Captain Phasma 7 Eleven tumbler.


Toy hunting in Tagaytay

At home, Ash was so excited to try and wear the Rocket Racoon mask.
It’s a special mask that you can move the mouth, ears and eye brows by talking or moving your jaw.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

I told him that it’s a good mask for our collection
and also a good idea for the next Halloween costume.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

The next morning, we went out to play the Aero Force plane.
Its so windy here in Tagaytay and it’s a perfect setting to play with that toy airplane.


Toy hunting in Tagaytay

Then at lunch time, we revealed another Christmas gift c/o Mama.
Ashton was surprised to see a BB-8 box inside the Lazada package hahaha.
We ordered it through Lazada after they launched a December 22 sale!
Yup, we got it with lots of discount during the Flash Sale at Lazada.

Toy hunting in Tagaytay

And here’s Ash with this toy loot from Christmas day and from our toy hunting adventures.
Tomorrow, it will be another day, I think we’re planning for another toy hunting activity here in Tagaytay.

Happy New Year everyone!