Manila Bulletin Invites Tech Bloggers to Unbox the iPhone XS and XS Max!


Coverage by: Kevin Karl Gabutin of Techgabster
For Azrael's Merryland Blog

It was, I believe a Wednesday night(September 19) , when I saw the post of sir Enzo of Juan Manila on FB wherein they are inviting tech bloggers to witness Manila Bulletin’s Live Unboxing of the new iPhone XS and XS Max and luckily, I got in!
Manila Bulletin took the initiative to invite Tech Bloggers of the Philippines to witness this event. The event took place just 24hours after the iPhone XS and XS Max were launched in Singapore.

It was an amazing opportunity for me to get first dibs and hands on experience with the new iPhone together with a few of my fellow tech bloggers which are all have been welcoming to a newbie like me.


This is the behind-the-scenes of the live unboxing setup of Manila Bulletin. All of the prod team are busy in handling everything from the cameras, to the audio monitoring as well as checking if the feed is still up and no issues are encountered.


The hosts of the live streaming(from left to right) are Sir Lionell Macahilig, Sir Mark Macanas of Tech Pinas, Ms. Ria Lumandog of Sugarsmile.info and Sir Art Samaniego Jr.,TechNews and Business Tech Editor for the Manila Bulletin.


Later on, Sir John Michael Bueno of Kumagcow, joined the stream to unbox the new Apple Watch.
It’s my first time to witness how a full production works in these kind of live stream events and I must say that it is fascinating to see the people at work and just having fun at the same time.

By the way, you can watch the livestream here:


After the livestream, we are given ample time to experience the new iPhone XS, XS Max and Apple Watch and take our shots and videos that we can use on our blogs/videos.


I actually wrote my thoughts about the new iPhone XS and XS Max on my Tech Blog at www.techgabster.com Check it out if you have the time!

Anyway, I got to bond with my fellow bloggers and I am humbled to be a part of a community of people who have the same interests as me and I love how welcoming they are for newbies like me.

I don’t have a copy of the group photo we had but really I enjoyed the experience and I would like to thank the Manila Bulletin team, Sir Art Samaniego Jr., Ms. Karina Ramos, Sir April Salazar and Sir Lionell Macahilig for this opportunity!

To my fellow bloggers who I met there as well, thank you for being so kind and welcoming! Hope to see you again soon!