Pink Moon shines over the skies of Cavite, Philippines




I miss covering the heavenly body events and I went back in using my Nikon D5300 in taking photos and video because my new camera Fujifilm XT100 is still at the repair station, Im going to claim that next month, as of the moment, Im back enjoying some astrophotography with my old DSLR camera.

I learned about the Pink Moon event from the news and I set my calendar so that I won’t miss the moon event.  Its not that spectacular like the super moon or eclipse, but its just a reddish or pinkish moon that is affected by the atmosphere due to air pollution and clouds.

But seeing a semi-pink Moon is so weird,  But according to news, the moon won’t shine as a blush pink Moon, and the event was named Pink Moon right after a pink flower “Phlox stolonifera” that blooms every April full moon in the mountains of Pennsylvania, USA



You can read the news here: https://technology.inquirer.net/85746/expect-pink-moon-on-good-friday-but-dont-hope-to-see-blush?fbclid=IwAR2jHkHMGiBfBNt_0kzYQSz7YcC3IicG5zyqmhwqdGwXiofKZpSX2vPKfSE




I took this photo at around 6:45pm, the moon rise has started and its visible over the horizon and it glows orange and the size is big because of the Ponzo Illusion.  The moon is hazy, brownish and then became orange as it rises above the sky.



I gave my camera to my son Ashton and I let him snap a photo of the full moon at 7pm. And here’s the result, a semi-reddish or pinkish color, the brown or orange of the moon starts to go away and we can see a much cleaner sky as the moon rises above.



At exactly 7:12pm, here’s the start of the glow of the Pink Moon. Its just a normal full moon. The moon rise is much more interesting because of the changes of color as it rises over the skies.  



BTS photos -- me and my son Ashton and my old Nikon D5300 DSLR camera



I  taught him to him use properly, Im teaching him some photography few days ago.



Funny photog man pose haha



In composition mode… go Ash!!