Fujifilm X-T30 Experience and Test in Cavinti, Laguna

The Mirrorless Revolution by Fujifilm continues as they released the latest on their XT Lineup. Following the trail blazed by the Fujifilm XT-3, comes the Fujifilm X-T30.


We got invited to an exclusive event where we got to experience the Fujifilm X-T30 at a SECRET location and this is that story.

As we’ve arrived at the secret location(A glamping spot in Laguna), we were given a review unit and a lens of our choice. I chose the 23mm f/2.0 and later on I got to borrow sir Ted Claudio’s 50-140mm f/2.8.

We were briefed by Experience Philippines who partnered with Fujifilm Philippines for this event. (Photo Taken with the X-T30)



Then we were treated with a basic tutorial on how to use the camera especially for those who haven’t used a Fujifilm Camera before. I have a Fujifilm XA3 in my arsenal, but currently mainly using the Sony A6300. I must say, getting to know the layout of this camera is easier since I don’t have much to adjust in terms of button placement.


Then we were lectured on how to get great outdoor photos by the awesome Javy Cang.
(Photo taken with the X-T30)


NOTE: I have screwed on a mounting plate for my Moza Aircross on the product photos(you might be wondering what that protruding part is. It is not part of the X-T30 package. :)



Though, it did take a while for me to adjust for the dials since the XA3 didn’t have much dials in its body. As I used the camera more, the faster I seem to be getting to the settings that I want compared to my XA3 and even my sony cam.

Okay, before I share my full experience with this camera, I thought you guys would like to know some tech specs.

Key specifications

  • 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI-CMOS 4 sensor
  • X-Processor 4
  • Hybrid AF system has 425 phase-detect points spread across the entire frame
  • Burst shooting at 30 fps with no blackout (but 1.25X) crop using electronic shutter; 20 fps without crop
  • 2.36M-dot OLED viewfinder w/0.62x equiv. magnification and 100 fps refresh rate in boost mode
  • 3" tilting touchscreen display
  • Dedicated drive, shutter speed and exposure compensation dials
  • Joystick for AF point selection
  • Eterna Film Simulation mode
  • DCI and UHD 4K/30p capture using full width of sensor
  • 4:2:0 8-bit internal recording or 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output
  • USB-C socket with headphone support
  • Single SD card slot (UHS-I only)

What I love about the Fujifilm X-T30

  • It’s very compact
  • The dedicated dials for exposure settings
  • VERY FAST Auto Focus
  • 4k/ 30p video?!
  • Colors are amazing(as always)

The Fujifilm X-T30 is perfect for those who want a compact and light mirrorless camera. It can almost fit at just my palm and it takes up a small space on your bag. A great travel companion of a camera.

Those dials are very handy especially in situations where you really have to nail down specific settings for that perfect shot. Combine that with the very fast autofocus you’ll surely get sharp images.

While I didn’t try to shoot 4k footage with this thing(due to knowing that my computer can’t handle it in post), I did manage to get some footage using the Fujifilm X-T30 using 1080p 60fps setting. I’ll do a rough cut video footage taken with this camera at my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/gabjornacion and/or my Instagram account

I’ve fallen in love with the Fujifilm’s colors before with the XA3 and other models but after experiencing the Fujifilm XT-30, I remembered why I chose Fujifilm before in the first place.

Don’t believe me? See these shots I took with this camera!



All of these shots are in RAW format and post-processed with Adobe Lightroom CC 2018.
More shots can be found on my instagram! Follow me at www.instagram.com/gabjornacion

As you can probably see from the photos, we went to other places other than the glamping camp, we walked, trekked, did island hopping, and explored the nearby town and just shoot with the Fujifilm X-T30.


It helped me grasp the new and improved features of this camera since each location have different lighting that affects the photos we took and hence we get to appreciate the power that this camera holds.

Overall, I think this camera is a good investment to those wanting to start going pro as it gives you advanced features and specs that you may need for professional photos or video. It also has competitive pricing and good customer support.

For beginners, this is also a good first camera but you will definitely have a learning curve that you have to conquer first.

My experience with this camera ignited my love for Fujifilm Cameras again. If you are looking for a new camera system to switch to, Fujifilm is definitely one of the great cameras out there.

It will be launched on May 25, 2019 and available now for Pre-Order at your favorite camera stores :)



** Article by Kevin Gab Jornacion of Tech Gabster for Azrael's Merryland Blog