Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet - unboxing and tech specs (SRP PHP 6,490)


Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet wa slaunched few weeks ago here in the Philippines. Its a budget range tablet from Huawei Philippines.  I got a chance to check this new and affordable below the PHP10k budget range and it looks like that this tablet is perfect for kids who want to use their first tablet and for people who are looking for a much easy to hold, use and fit for their budget.

This tablet can also act as a your smartphone, because there's a SIM tray which you can put a nano SIM card for your calls, SMS and also 4G internet.

Here are the specs of the Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet


Category
Details
Material
Metal
Size
Height: 211.07 mm; Width: 124.65 mm; Depth: 7.95 mm
Weight
Approx 350 g (including the battery)
Color
Space Grey
Display
8.0 IPS Display w/ 1280 x 800 HD Resolution
CPU
Qualcomm MSM8917, quad-core A53, 4 x 1.4 GHz
OS
EMUI 5.1 (Based on Android 7.0)
Storage
2GB+16GB
Rear Camera
5MP and auto focus
Front Camera
2MP and fixed focus
Sensor
Gravity Sensor
Location
Support GPS
Battery
4800mAh*
GPS
Supports GPS, GLONASSS, and BDS
NFC
NA
In the Box
Charger x 1, USB data cable x 1. Eject tool x 1, Quick Start Guide x 1, Warranty Card x 1
SRP
PHP 6,490


** source from Huawei PH


 
The Unboxing

Inside box : Huawei T3 8" tablet, manual, charger , micro USB cable and SIM tray pin



Here's the SIM tray pin that you can use to pull out the SIM Tray from the Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet . If ever you loose it, you can use any ordinary pin that you can find from your home.



I was expecting for a USB Type C because some smartphone and tablet uses this, but Im surprised that the Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet  still uses a micro USB.

But that's fine.

Plug charger.
I actually no longer use this because at home and whenver I travel, I always carry my USB charger hub. It charges faster and its very convenient

I will just keep this inside the box



The shiny front of the tablet.



The back of the tablet.

Made from Metal.

The 5MP rear camera with AF


The 2MP front camera and at the middle, I believe that's the speaker



The HUAWEI logo brand

At the right side of the tablet you can find here the volume roker and the power button

At the left corner you'll see that small pin hole - that's the SIM TRAY 


The micro USB slot and that small pin hole is -- maybe the microphone


Its so small and kids will definitely hold this properly.


Side by side with my Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite

They have the same screen size which is 8"

As for the body the Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite has much bigger body.
Its just 1-2 inches bigger than the Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet


Here's a proof that the Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet  is powered by Google Android OS

Powering it up


Im not a fan of cloud storage by Huawei, but I think this is a good chance for me to explore
the cloud storage feature within the Huawei network

EMUI yay!
I super love the EMUI of Huawei.
 

The Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet  is now ready for action.
Watch out for my next blog post for the review of this tablet


Here's how I hold the Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet


Bad idea..dont do this..
the tablet is so shiny smooth, almost fell out of my hand

Ready to charge it and bring it where ever I go


Installing FACEBOOK
Im using the stock app -- Google Playstore

Updating Youtube



Installing Blogger. I think Im going to use this tablet more for blogging


And Spotify music too


The best app for me for viewing movies!!
The HBO GO App let you watch movie streams and also live HBO broadcast from cable


The Huawei MediaPad T3 8” tablet specs is built for the entry level user. 
Perfect for kids..perfect for beginners and for people who want a much affordable tablet.

Up next.. my review