the 27th Manila International
Book Fair 2006
experience

my photo coverage of the event


we went on the opening day of the book fair and we arrived 30 minutes early of the opening. Lots of people lined up in front of the entrance, its good to see that they sold already tickets the morning before the event, they prepared a short program at the end of the hall, while we wait for the opening, people are noisy and minding their own and then after 15 minutes we noticed that the program already started and they are already in the middle of the national anthem, then the crowd made a silent stop just like a wave.

after the opening, we saw and hear David Pomeranz from a far singing "Got to believe in Magic", many people at our back didn't know what was happening, when Lace's mom asked who that was, I told her that David Pomeranz will sing at the opening day. and then people at the back heard me and say that "hmmm David Buenavacz?! "

we already mapped our way and the main agenda of that day is ran sacked new issue's of Summit Media Publishing. it was the first booth we visit and I know we are the first customer for that day. grab one new copy and get one free back issue,except FHM back issue. they still practiced the tradition of a free issue, so we bought all of it, and ehhhee mama sally bought it all.
FHM back issues are sold P100 for 2 issues, and holy! at last I got Eula Valdez and the double Rica and Camille Prats issue. My hands got sored of that panic buying. and carrying those magazines really tires me up.......seriously.one plastic bag cutted my hand. bigat kasi..madami.

then one of the visited booth is the Bookmark or The Filipino Store, coffee book tables are bargain from P2000 to P200 or P500. it was a shock or me. Mama S bought some and I went back outside to hand over our loot to the driver .

note to self for the 28th Manila international book fair 2007.
BRING YOUR OWN SHOPPING CART, or TROLLY BAG

Lace arrived at 12nn and she gone crazy looking for the Paris Hilton: Diaries and then we went to Fullybooked to buy some books of her choice and Powerbooks for that Katie Spade titles. I was looking for Andong Agimat that day and bad luck! they didnt brought any copies of it and also Paris Hilton. Mama S also look for her prized book, titled, Diana: the Portrait, unfortunately it was unavailable.

minutes after Mark Cerbo went in and we jam at the bookfair, we were looking for some magazine and comic booths but the only mag we saw are from PSICOM, EMERALD, Summit, Mango, and CCHQ.

we saw Elbert Or in the CCHQ, had a little chat and I grabbed that JLA vs. Avengers issue and a Romeo Tanghal inked comic of Batman :League of Batmen. while Mark grabbed the Batman Jim Lee issue 1, all items were 50% off. hooo boy. I bought 3 comics only just to control my buying habits, I nearly bought that Evangelina artbook, and Elbert here tries to do Jedi mind trick on me hahhahahaa.

While resting down I met Ed Cabagnot also going to the exit and carrying plastic bags of books, it was funny that we havent met for a long time and its good to meet again. I havent told him that im still a student....

people from the Fullybooked graced a good welcome to us, and met them once again. Tals and Rhea still on their hyperness, while Apol of National bookstore was there also and we met again after ToyCon 2005. it was a good day for er...comic seminar proposal hahahaha... but no.. she said that she will help me getting sponsors for my event.

it was a short reunion of short of people I know from the industry. hhahahaha.
i haven't seen Arnel of Psicom and also people I know from Mango comics.

well.. we got lots of loot that day and we went out at 5pm, still we faced a huge crowd coming in and I suspect that more people will come in before the fair ends.
I was planning to go there this saturday with Lace..

coz..er..I really need to but that Bust Statue of Jose Rizal.
yes...it was priced at P50 ---- flat

for me, the event is well organized same as last year, but I haven't attended any special program like the awards. ' Siglo:Passion won! I read it some of the blog links here.

but, where are the other magazine publishers? also broadsheet.
it was a big question to me when I went to some board meeting that night.
well. I just told them that we had a good time and good buys.
but Im still looking for the big selections form what i experinced last year.

the event is still good and its their 27th! can you beat that?! hahahahhaaha

congrats to the organizer and people behind that amazing book fair.
as I heard at the back during the opening, this event sparks a grand EB and meet up of LIBRARIANS in the Philippines.





Post a Comment

0 Comments