This is my last blog series for Vigan, Ilocos Sur
Ahh…the beach.. did you know that there’s a beach resort here in Vigan, but the beach here is wild and the waves are big! I think it’s a perfect venue spot too for surfers, but according to some, it is not advisable to swim here because of the big waves coming in to the shores.
But its okay, if you want to play around the beach and sand, you have to go here in Mindoro Beach in Vigan, not exactly in Mindoro,but it is located in Baranggay Mindoro in West Vigan. They have a resort here – the Playa de Oro Beach Resort, an air conditioned room with amenities.
The Brgy Mindoro welcome arch
Kid playing around the life guard seat tower
A view of the FREE cabanas for everyone. The beach is owned by the government, so everything is free here, you can visit the beach anytime and occupy the cabanas for free.
A view of the horizon
This is around 4pm. An hours away before I fly back to Manila.
Wild waves coming in
Me and the beach
I want to swim but all my clothes are almost used hahahaha.
Senti mode ni Rey Belen
Im glad that theres a beach here in Vigan…. but not that swim friendly like in Ilocos Norte’s Pagudpod, but you can do an hour side trip here if you want to just play around with the sun, sand and wild waves.
How to go here in Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
1. There are two travel options – ride the 8 hour bus from Manila to Ilocos Sur or ride the plane go Laoag City Airport in Ilocos Norte + 1 1/2 land travel to Vigan.
2. We went here via chartered plane of Gov. Chavit Singson, we landed at Vigan City airport, if you have a company trip and want to travel by air, you can try a chartered plane by Sea Air, just inquire to their office on how to get a chartered plane.
3. Air - Domestic flights leave Manila daily for Laoag City in Ilocos Norte, which is an hour and a half ride by bus or arranged vehicles to Vigan. The city can be reached from Laoag City via Partas Bus, Fariñas Transportation, Maria De Leon Bus Lines, RCJ Bus Lines, F. Franco Trans, and Florida Bus. – Via http://www.vigancity.gov.ph
4. By Land - The 408 km stretch from Manila to Vigan City is a comfortable eight-hour ride along the scenic Manila-Ilocos Highway. Air-conditioned Partas Bus, Dominion Bus, Aniceto Bus and Viron Transit ply the Manila-Vigan route regularly. – Via http://www.vigancity.gov.ph
5. Getting Around - The best way to explore Vigan is on foot; the city center is small and compact, yet full of excitement. Experience a calesa ride around Vigan at P150.00 per hour per carriage. – Via http://www.vigancity.gov.ph
6. If you are in Vigan City, there are lots of transportation, you can ride the tricycle or the “kalesa”, horse drawn carriage. The “kalesa” can be rented at Php 100 per hour.
Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
For Schedules of City Events and Tours please contact the City Tourism Office. Tel No: (077) 722-8771,
Baluarte in Vigan City
Opens - 7am-6pm eve
ryday, entrance is free
Tel # 6377-722-7186
Historic Town of Vigan @ UNESCO
Established in the 16th century, Vigan is the best-preserved example of a planned Spanish colonial town in Asia. Its architecture reflects the coming together of cultural elements from elsewhere in the Philippines, from China and from Europe, resulting in a culture and townscape that have no parallel anywhere in East and South-East Asia.
* Thanks to Governor Chavit Singson for inviting us to tour around Vigan City
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Azrael Coladilla is the blogger behind Azrael's Merryland since 2003. Main topics of this blog is about Pop Culture, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Food, Travel, Technology, Gadgets, Music, Concerts, Toys, Comics, Anime, Movies, Fashion, Motoring,Internet and Social Media. Awarded as the 2009 Most Influential Blogger for Luzon, Philippines awarded by The Philippine Blog Awards, he’s a full time blogger , and a freelance photographer, events organizer, social media manager and digital marketing consultant. He is the founder of The Manila Bloggers Network, a community of active bloggers in Manila and nearby cities. He loves traveling, eating, watch movies, meet new people, photography and collects Transformers toys.