It was scorching hot that afternoon and after doing some side trips in Vigan, our tour guide - a driver and a tourism officer in Vigan brought us here in Hidden Garden.
When we entered the place I thought that its just a regular garden, or a place where they just sell all kinds of plants, flowers and bonsai. But I learned that there’s a restaurant inside, a mini forest and a spa.
The place is no longer a hidden garden, because everyone knows the place already. I really want to stay here to eat and be refresh, but it will be better if they add a swimming pool and a shower ahaahha. I just want to cool down under the hot sun. I’m glad the plants and trees help us to get a shade.
Ohhh their halo halo is good. you should try it there when you do your own side trips in Vigan.
The Hidden Garden
a place that is no longer hidden hahahha
The place reminds me of that classic movie -- The Secret Garden
old banner tarp showing that there’s a café and resto inside
Im sure theres a lot of people here at night time..
The venue is surrounded by lots of plants and trees. I guess at night will be much cooler and the breeze is pure.
here’s the history of the garden according to their website
“Six years ago, Francis Flores, the owner of Hidden Garden of Vigan suffered from three heart attacks. Half of his body was paralyzed. He then realized to change his life. So he decided to start a garden and became a landscape architect. It was a garden therapy for him until it became a business. Now he is planning to place a health spa to help other people as well.
They not only look very atttractive and create a more pleasant environment for the visitors but also act as natural filters. This is what makes HIDDEN GARDEN of VIGAN special. “
now the fixtures welcome us and invite us for some photo ops
ohhh duyan duyan!!
There’s a pathway that leads to the heart of the garden, I’m sure it’s a romantic setting here at night.
Lovers can walk and talk about their future.
lovers spotted inside the heart of the hidden garden
bamboo trees are blocking the heat of the sun
thanks bamboo!! even that I always eat your bamboo shoots, you are always helpful to us humans
two path ways….now what..
I just arrived at the bonsai area
here they grow their bonsai plants….I think it’s a nursery of bonsai
grown up bonsai
ohhhh lizard again!
they have some caged animals in the area, there’s a lizard, a snake and some birds.
while everyone are busy taking pics, I took the initiative to buy my winter melon shake here
yeah…it’s a fresh winter melon shake,, after I bought this.. everyone sat down at the resto area and ordered their own refreshments
my winter melon shake…. looks like that it came from Manila ahhahaha
two bloggers ordered this halo halo
trying my luck to get a nice communication device
bec. of my iphone went dead… I just play around and use this cucumber as my phone
everyone got their own refreshments
slurping halo halo is the best when you are out of town, each town and locals have their own halo halo mix.
here’s how I enjoyed my winter melon shake….ahhhhh the life
While waiting for the others to finish their drinks, I took a nap for about 30 minutes
I want to take this hammock with me!!!! need to buy my own too.
If you are in Vigan… try visit the Hidden Garden, I suggest try to visit it at night time.
Brgy. Bulala, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
TEL # (077) 722-1450 , (0906) 332-8309 , (0928) 965-9190
How to go here in Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
1. There are two travel options – ride the 8 hour bus from Manila to Ilocos Sur or ride the plane go Laoag City Airport in Ilocos Norte + 1 1/2 land travel to Vigan.
2. We went here via chartered plane of Gov. Chavit Singson, we landed at Vigan City airport, if you have a company trip and want to travel by air, you can try a chartered plane by Sea Air, just inquire to their office on how to get a chartered plane.
3. Air - Domestic flights leave Manila daily for Laoag City in Ilocos Norte, which is an hour and a half ride by bus or arranged vehicles to Vigan. The city can be reached from Laoag City via Partas Bus, Fariñas Transportation, Maria De Leon Bus Lines, RCJ Bus Lines, F. Franco Trans, and Florida Bus. – Via http://www.vigancity.gov.ph
4. By Land - The 408 km stretch from Manila to Vigan City is a comfortable eight-hour ride along the scenic Manila-Ilocos Highway. Air-conditioned Partas Bus, Dominion Bus, Aniceto Bus and Viron Transit ply the Manila-Vigan route regularly. – Via http://www.vigancity.gov.ph
5. Getting Around - The best way to explore Vigan is on foot; the city center is small and compact, yet full of excitement. Experience a calesa ride around Vigan at P150.00 per hour per carriage. – Via http://www.vigancity.gov.ph
6. If you are in Vigan City, there are lots of transportation, you can ride the tricycle or the “kalesa”, horse drawn carriage. The “kalesa” can be rented at Php 100 per hour.
Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
For Schedules of City Events and Tours please contact the City Tourism Office. Tel No: (077) 722-8771,
Baluarte in Vigan City
Opens - 7am-6pm eve
ryday, entrance is free
Tel # 6377-722-7186
Historic Town of Vigan @ UNESCO
Established in the 16th century, Vigan is the best-preserved example of a planned Spanish colonial town in Asia. Its architecture reflects the coming together of cultural elements from elsewhere in the Philippines, from China and from Europe, resulting in a culture and townscape that have no parallel anywhere in East and South-East Asia.
* Thanks to Governor Chavit Singson for inviting us to tour around Vigan City
Read my complete Vigan travel blog series
for any questions or inquiries, feel free to email me at email@example.com
Discovering Vigan City - Ilocos Sur trip part 1