Experimenting virtual 360 degrees photo: Tayabas Church: Minor Basilica of St. Michael the Archangel




click the photo above to view

Another experiment for virtual 360 degree view. Featuring the Tayabas Church, also known as, The Minor Basilica of St. Michael the Archangel. I've been here for many time, and I also took some panoramic shots in the past, and I love the circular view of the the aisle and altar of the church.

This church was build during the 1500s and was damaged by earthquake and undergo many renovation during the 1800s. For this year, I noticed that they repaired the ceiling of the church, the artwork painting of the ceiling is already fading and the wood as its canvas already decayed. Its sad to see that the main artwork is already gone. I hope the church admin can save the artwork at the altar's ceiling. Btw, the church admin is in coop with NCCA for this renovation.

From this experiment, I just learned that I should think and map first when I will start shooting and when to end it, taking panoramic shots should have no deformity when you stitch the two photos. But here, hmmm I think I more practice and use a tripod in shooting.