One of the popular spot for picnic, mountain bike, and a place to have a me-time is here at the Japanese Garden in Cavinti, Laguna. Normally it’s a part of a hill with a vast space of nature reserve, there’s a field, a lagoon and a stairway that leads to the top of the garden. According to our local guide that this garden was built as a memorial and also a symbol of friendship of the Japanese to the Filipinos.
At the middle part of the hill you can find a memorial shrine for General Yamashita, a Japanese general who is very popular because of the buried treasure he left here in our land after the World War 2. Many say that the last Yamashita treasure was found here in Cavinti at the site of the Japanese Garden.
People can enter the Japanese Garden any time, and just pay for the PHP20 entrance fee. The fee will be used for cleaning and maintaining the beauty of the garden.
Here are some of my photos in HDR.
I really love the reflection of the lagoon.
Here’s another one.
I don’t have much any photo of our activity here in the Japanese Garden.
I only have photos of the site and its nature wonders.
Feel free to scroll down and appreciate the natural treasure of this picnic site.
We stayed here for 30 minutes to roam around and check out the place. We are scheduled to go back to Camarin Resort to watch the sunset.
but then at around 5pm, I can see that the sun starts to go sunset.
Its funny that I thought that this is the only stairway to the top of the hill. After reaching the top of the stairs, I saw another path leading to another set of stairway. hahahah.
Ok. I now start to pass and have to go down now.
the other stairway.
The Japanese Garden have lots of flat land, people can stay here for their picnic or do any outdoor activities.
The shrine for General Yamashita.
Another picnic ground.
At the concrete pathway, you can do mountain bike or even skateboard.
Here we met the finalist for the Voice Philippines singing contest - Rence Rapanot
The people of Cavinti are very proud when they learned that he reached the finals leg of the contest.
ABOUT CAVINTI ECO ADVENTUR TOUR
The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is a Tourism Advocacy Campaign to help generate online buzz for the upcoming Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition happening on February 8-14, 2015.
2015 Cavinti Water Sports Olympics: 1st International Competition
watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWEVHpaEylU
The #CavEAT: Cavinti Eco-Adventure Tour is organized by Herald C. Bebis for the Municipality of Cavinti headed by Hon. Mayor Milbert Oliveros. The event is fully supported by the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office, DigitalFilipino, Pelikula Padayon, Caliraya Lake Mountain Resort, Camarin Resort and Lago Fishing Village.
HOW TO GET THERE IN CAVINTI, LAGUNA
1. Ride Sta. Cruz, Laguna bound DLTB Bus in Buendia Terminal, located below Gil Puyat LRT
2. Bus fare to Sta. Cruz, Laguna is PHP 140 (air con bus)
3. Drop off at DLTB Sta. Cruz terminal
4. Ride a a tricycle or jeep going to Sta. Cruz Market
5. At the market, look for the jeepney that will take you to Cavinti, Laguna
6. If you will go straight to Caliraya Lake, ride the Lumban-Cavinti Jeep
7. If you will go straight to Cavinti town proper, then ride the Pagsanjan-Cavinti jeep (this jeep will take you to Bumbungan resort, and also the Cavinti Municipal Tourism Office)
8. If you will go back to Manila, just go back to Sta. Cruz bus terminals, DLTB bus last trip to Manila is around 7:45pm
9. Other option: You can also ride a Lucban jeep in Sta. Cruz, you can drop off at Cavinti junction and just ride a tricycle going to Bumbungan Eco Park or to town proper
TOUR ORGANIZERHerald C. Bebis