The Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival 2017 will fill our Philippine skies once more with 30 colorful and giant hot air balloon this April 6-9, 2017 and also the entire grounds of Pradera Verde, Prado Siongco in Lubao, Pampanga will showcase our country's best in cultural performance and local artist in a 4 days non stop music and live band performance.
When I attended the press conference few weeks ago, I was surprised to learn that this festival offers a lot of activities and attractions and not just hot air balloons. The organizers of the Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival 2017 gave all they got just to produce an awesome festival, the festival will run non stop and I think festival goers will not just leave after the flight of the balloons, because there lot of things you can do after and ohhh the evening festival will be more grand because of the fireworks display, hot air balloon night glow and live music performance of our top local artist and also special international guest artist.
Take note of the date - April 6-9, 2017 at the Pradera Verde, Prado Siongco in Lubao, Pampag. Just scroll down below for the how to get to Lubao and a map going to the Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival 2017.
Tickets are : PHP 300, General Admission for April 6-9
and there's a special Gold ticket on April 9 with rate at PHP 1500, is for the international artist concert featuring Red Foo and Alex Aiono. Front row seats will be provided for Gold ticket holders.
You can buy your tickets at SM Tickets or at Ticket World, or you can also buy tickets at the gate.
Organizers of the Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival 2017
Asst. Event Director
Here are the kinds of hot air balloon with special shapes and sizes that are expected to fly this April 6-9, 2017
Participating Countries - 18 (Philippines, USA, UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Canada, Japan, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, South Korea, Switzerland, Vietnam, Netherland, Australia, Malaysia, Taiwan)
There are old ones that already participate every year, but according to Mr. Eugene Lee, there are new participants and some of them came from Japan.
The schedule of the balloon flight is at 5:30am and the flight depends on the weather condition of a certain day.
How much is the balloon ride?
Also there are no information and rates available for viewing for people who want to ride the hot air balloon. But according to the organizers, they will mention the rates on the spot during the event, but there's still no assurance because of the weather condition and also it will be based from the decision of the event director.
The Box Wind Effect
The most spectacular hot air balloon moment is the "box wind" flight. This special air or wind is only available at Lubao, Pampanga. They experience the box wind every year during the festival and its one of the special wind that hot air balloon pilots are waiting for, the box wind helps the hot air balloon propel into the sky to reach its destination which is in Morong, Bataan, and if the box wind is present, the balloon can be brought back to Lubao in smooth flight. Its very rare to experience this and thats the reason why balloon pilots are keep coming back here at Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival
Take note of the balloon schedule.
We suggest that you reserve a 3-4 hours travel time if you plan to drive from Manila to Lubao.
I haven't been there yet and it will be my first time this April 6. But the most recommended travel time is leave Manila at 1am, so that you can reach Pradera Verde before 5am.
Festival gate opens at 4am.
See the Google Map direction here
(pic via Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival FB Page)
Also there will be sky divers and parasailing that will do demo every day.
The stunt will start right after the flight of the balloons
There will be cultural dance performance and showcase of Pampanga's local talent
in partnership with the local tourism and LGU.
At night expect live music performances
on pic: Ely Buendia from 2016 festival
This year they've invited: Spongecola (THURS), Parokya ni Edgar (FRI) , Gloc 9 (FRI) , Yeng Constantino and Bamboo (SAT) . They will also feature foreign talents - Redfoo and Youtube star Alex Aiono (SUN)
Its my first time to cover this. I also volunteered to join the chase team. I will ride in a 4x4 car and will join them to chase the hot air balloon landing zone.
Floor Map of the festival
take note of these rules and regulation
The festival also provides some info on what you can bring
And also not to bring.
Sorry guys, Drones are not allowed.
For those who are planning to have an overnight stay, you can check out this checklist of hotels near the events ground.
How to go to Lubao, Pampanga
- Take the North Luzon Expressway and then take San Fernando toll exit
- Turn left towards Jose Abad Santos Ave. (Formerly Olangapo - Gapan road)
- Head towards the town Lubao, passing Gua-Gua - Sta. Rita Intersection and Golangco interesection (brgy. Prado Siongco is the last barangay of Lubao before Bataan)
- The venue is at the right side of the highway, before the Pampanga and Bataan welcome arch.
- Take SCTEX toll Plaza heading towards Subic
- Take Dinalupihan toll exit; then turn left to Lubao
- The venue is right after the Bataan - Pampanga welcome arch.
VIA TPLEX /SCTEX
- Take TPLEX towards SCTEX Toll Plaza heading to Subic
- Take Dinalupihan toll exit; then turn left to Lubao
- The venue is right after the Bataan-Pampanga welcome arch
TRANSIT via BUS or JEEP
- Ride Genesis, Victory Liner, and Bataan Transit bus going to Olangapo, Mariveles, or Balanga ask the bus conductor if they will pass by Lubao, Pampanga
- If the bus will pass Lubao, then ask the bus conductor to drop you off at Pradera Verde where the Hot Air Balloon Festival will take place
- All bus liners takes a bus stop over in Lubao
- For Victory Liner, its a 15 minutes away from Pradera Verde
FROM SAN FERNANDO, PAMPANGA
- Ride a Jeepney going to Sta.Cruz or Gua-Gua. Go down to the Jeepney Terminal
- In the Jeepney Terminal. Ride a Jeepney going to Dinalupihan. Ask the drive to drop you off at Pradera Verde where the Hot Air Balloon Festival will take place
FROM BATAAN AND OLONGAPO
- Ride a Jeepney going to Dinalupihan, Bataan. Go down to the Jeepney Terminal
- In the Jeepney Terminal. Ride a Jeepney going to Sta. Cruz or Gua-Gua. Ask the drive to drop you off at Pradera Verde where the Hot Air Balloon Festival will take place
- Ride a Victory Liner bus going to San Fernando, Pampanga or Manila. ask the bus conductor to drop you off at Pradera Verde where the Hot Air Balloon Festival will take place
Lubao International Balloon and Music Festival 2017
FB page - https://www.facebook.com/LubaoIBMF
Website - http://www.lubaoibmf.com/