John Beatty in Manila


Last Sunday it was the a big comic book signing event for Comic Odyssey and also a big event too for comic fans. The Secret Wars, Batman, Capt. America inker for comics - John Beatty, is in town doing a free comic book signing to everyone. I went there to take photo coverage and also video of the event, which will be uploaded here soon, just give me time to edit it.



I was there and surprise for a big crowd in Comic Odyssey, Robinsons Galeria branch in Ortigas city. As comic fans and also comic creators showed up in support to John Beatty and also to have a short greet and meet with the comic artist. I arrived at 2pm and it was hot that day but the day got hotter when It was the day that people will meet the John. heheheeh


I got a copy of Captain America, courtesy of Comic Odyssey, and its the comic cover that Im really impressed when I saw it in the internet, someone told me If I already know its story, I just told them honestly that I have'nt read it before and its my first time to have this in my collection, i told them that I have lots of Batman comics in Pasig but I don't have the time to go there to re-organize my old collection.



People lined up to get a free sketch from John Beatty, some people requested characters like Spider-man, Batman, Azrael, Joker and etc., Mine was Captain America hehhe and I was the last man to have his sketch and autograph, we chatted a little bit during the event, I asked him about his blog that I visited last month and he said that it was his blog and then I told him about his Sunday comic artist group and then it seems that we kinda get related on our conversation when I told him about my old Friday artists group hahahaha. He told me to leave a message there in his blog in to linked me up hehehehe.



Me and MC together with the TransFormers Philippines members gathered there also to have John's signature and sketch. Victor one of the member bought the Secret Wars 5-6 and the Batman HC. whoaaa go Victor.

Here are some of photos from the event. check out your photo here! hehehehe
leave me a message if you see yourself here.
more of his photo are now in THIS ALBUM







related posts:
http://gerry.alanguilan.com/archives/14

http://www.thecomicblurb.com/2007/02/20/john-beattys-blog/

http://www.thecomicblurb.com/2007/02/19/the-john-beatty-signing/

http://www.bigbeatty.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

0 Comments