Samsung Hope and the imagination of the youth gives hope to underprivilege children

samsung hope
I was at the Samsung event last week and I was expecting a different event for Samsung Hope, at first I thought that they will be launching a new campaign for the Samsung Hope, but it was a turn over of the cash donation to their beneficiary which is World Vision. Then my self got enlighten after viewing their AVP played on their Samsung LED TV and I started to laugh at myself and got the point that this is Samsung's latest charity project that was running since last year and forgot that I posted a blog entry about their Samsung "I Imagine" campaign in partnership with Folded and Hung. (more below)

They hosted this online contest and ask the youth what are their ideas, opinions, shout outs, thoughts, and express how life is experienced through love of music, sports,fashion and arts, love shout out about family and friends. After months of the heat of the contest and receiving around 10,000 entries, only one winner in each category will get that bragging rights that their shout out will be printed in the hoodie jacket of Folded and Hung. Winners are: On Talk - Isabella Martinez (UST) who won with her shout out "I imagine and I will make it happen". on Play - Guillermo II Francisco (UST) with his shout out "I Imagine our generation united in one beat, and LOVE shout out by Phili Jacinth Dayupay (RTU) "I Imagine total peace in 3,2,1.

The hoodies were sold in all Folded and Hung stores and the proceed amounting to a total of Php 500,000.00 were donated for the causes of Samsung Hope to World vision in order to fund and send underprivileged children back to school. At the event and during the turn over, actor Sam Milby was there as the co-endorser of Samsung and Folded and Hung and also spokeperson for the DepEd.

It was a great turn out and from the previous Samsung Hope that I attended, this 3rd run was the best and didn't expected that they did a lot of campaigns and mini events in order to give shout outs of the youth and also raise money for charity. After the event, I got a talk to Samsung people and told them that it was a one great concept that I'm really impressed and can't wait for the upcoming Samsung Hope coming in the next few months.

and for the fun part..I met Sam Milby! yay!