My interview with Manny Pacquiao about life in politics, boxing and pop culture

P5303796
It was a great opportunity to meet the big man in boxing himself and our very own Manny Pacquiao in one of the media meet up before the taping of his new TVC of Alaxan FR, I was there in a big studio in Makati and saw the boxing ring set up outside with lots of lights and props, it was dark and cameras are everywhere, we waited for some hours and after I ate my dinner there, we heard that Manny is coming and we should prepare for the interview. I'm so excited and I haven't prepared any questions for him about politics,but I'm more interested on boxing and pop culture .

There we saw Manny Pacquaio entered the room wearing a boxing outfit and with Alaxan FR jacket, I just saw and wondered that, whoaaa! Manny is not that tall, he's an average size guy and I just can't believe that I'm a little taller than him, and with that body, can throw hard and fast punches to bigger opponents, but I'm glad that I'm just a blogger who will do an interview and not as a sparring partner. I'm going to publish my interview and some news about him, this was supposed to be published last July and the cause of the delay is my laptop that broke down ,but now I got the time now to recover that HD video footage of our interview with Manny. And I'm publishing it here.

P5303792
Tomorrow will be the big fight against Antonio Margarito, I know everyone is excited and I'm going to watch the fight live via pay per view and will watch it in HD, thanks to Sky Cable for the viewing party and also to Alaxan FR for the shirt that I'm going to wear tomorrow. and thanks to Sony Philippines for the HD video cam they provided for me to record everything.

so check out below my short interview with Manny.

After shaking hands with the media guests, Manny sat down on the couch with Shiela of Alaxan and media started to throw lots of questions and instead of punches, Manny answered all of it, and with an honest reply and also shares his passion in helping more Filipinos, as we know that Manny is now a Congressman in Saranggani district. Some questions were given by other media, some are from me, and other is from RJ Ledesma.

note: I translated the interview to English.

about his ulcer
"I have no longer pain and my ulcer is okay, as of now I prioritize in helping our people especially in Saranggani"

more upcoming fights
"I have some fights coming up, I think it is 1 or 2 more fights, but for now I focus on giving service as a congressman."

about retirement in boxing
"Boxing is a tough job, if you wait for injuries and then retire, people will say that you are no longer capable of getting a match and 'laos' na, sometimes people think and say that, but I really need to understand them."

do you play other sports?
After retirement, I still do some sports like play basketball, volleyball and table tennis"

Is it okay to work in showbiz even if you are in politics?
Even that I'm in the position in politics, working in showbiz is still okay, I can still go back to showbiz if I have free time

Dream Ambition?
Being a congressman is my dream ambition, and helping people is my big focus today

as an Alaxan endorser
I'm an endorser of Alaxan for 15 years already. I really recommend it because it is tested and effective, your body pains will be gone and feel relieve.

P8080311
Congressman Manny Pacquiao

Are you worried about your detractors, bec. you are now in politics?
I always succeed in everything and never mind the detractors, I focus only to myself and my mission, those detractors and issues are just distraction and they are also challenges that must conquer in order to grab that success.

Will there be changes in your self even if you wear a Barong in Batasan?
for the outfit, Barong is okay, and no problem in wearing it, That's our national costume, and Me wearing it will not change everything. And avoid to be eaten alive by the system of politics, my intention is to help people and not for higher power. Its like in boxing.

P5303645
I'm just checking out Manny's boxing shoes

Did Jinky supports you being a politician now?
Everything that I do that is right, my wife will always support me

me: Do you still sing? Any plans in having a new album, I heard you will have a concert in June?
I still sing, whenever I have free time, I think I'll release an album this June 2010, just watch out for the release, its a good album.

About Willie and ABS CBN
And about Willie and ABS CBN, I don't deal with other people's problem and I only deal with everything that involves me and focus on my own problem

Boxing, Pray and Politics
Even in politics, I still pray and talk to God, I always ask for his guidance and give me strength to over come lots of obstacles and challenges, and guide me to the right and good path in helping our people. I can't do it alone and thanks to God that he is always there.

Anything that change with your kids and family after you being a congressman
Now I'm in politics, its much better because I can be with my family and kids, unlike in boxing, I will be gone for almost 3 months due to training, but me as a congressman, I can see them and be with them anytime. And I want to show to my kids that I am a good politican and not corrupt. And yes, they now study here in Manila.

I go to Saranggani every week, and I go back here in Manila. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm here in Manila and then half of my week like Thursday, Friday and Saturday, my day is at Saranggani, I'll be there to attend and service the people and know the problem there. we need to be visible always to our people in doing service work.

Your plans and proposed bills
I'm planning to build more provincial hospitals and university in Saranggani, and I'm planning to have a bill on reforestation in all baranggays, at least 5 hectares, to save our environment.

and about the detractors again
I have lots of patience, even if they hit me hard in politics and I'll just let them be.

RJ Ledesma : About the Mayweather fight
I didn't refuse for a blood test, I just dont like having the test before the fight, because I'll get weaker and he got advantage because he is bigger than me, all I want is a blood test 14 days before the main fight. If the fight pushes through or not, I can't be blame for that, and my fans knows it.

DSC00163
me: What will be your first priority, if ever Mayweather changes its mind to fight. Would it be boxing or you as a congressman.
For now, my focus is giving service to people.

Any news about Jinky ?
Jinky is very busy now in our business, we have lots of business. (me: does it include your store here in Manila?) That includes Team Pacquiao store.

P8080316
me and Jinky

P8080284

Manny X Mickey
me: What can you say that you have an action figure vs. Mickey Mouse ?
Yeah! Mickey Mouse is very popular, everyone should wait for the release of that figure, so that kids can play with it. I like to thank everyone for that, and that's a part of my success that God gave to me.

me: do you feel weird in being a cartoon character vs. Mickey?
No, I don't feel weird about Me vs. Mickey Mouse.

RJ Ledesma: about English language
I'm still studying and will finish Business Management course, I still have 2 years to finish it.

RJ: The mustache affects boxing skills?
My mustache is for pogi points

DSC00182
What is your toughest job?
Boxing is the toughest job, especially the practice and training. But I'm glad it feels great to be a husband. (then Manny smiles and laugh)

DSC00178

DSC00152

DSC00163

P8110416